Thanks Thanks:  40
Likes Likes:  48
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Easy injector diagnostics

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Easy injector diagnostics

Yea that's exactly what I told these guys over on other forum and they don't get it. They say rail caps don't do anything and it's way old technology and scan tool is the only way to go. If you have a no start issue and say it only starts with ether but won't stay runny no when you take ether away. ( I don't preach using ether on a diesel it's a no no but people still do it) so you hook up a scan tool and look at rail pressure getting maybe 1200psi. You need 5800 psi just to start the truck. Using the caps at fuel rail take that injector with high leak back value out of the system. Then you see on scan tool you got good fuel pressure and you just diagnosed a bad injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

2. Thanks dmuney, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Easy injector diagnostics

Yes exactly injector kill tests works for determining bad injectors but only if it's bad in the electrical kind of way otherwise it's rail cap diagnosis.

Agreed without a doubt

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Sisupower, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

My point to these comments on this post is. @IGOTACUMMINS is the best hands down forum to look for and get help with issues on our trucks. This is the diesel community that I'm always talking about cause people in here know their stuff and help you out and don't put you down or any be-little crap. This forum is the only one I'll be a member of and support percent!

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, dmuney, waeking liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Did you guys know that the injectors are also can be checked by hearing its sound, what I didn't know.

However, after reading from this article I got to know how can we check the 6.7 Cummins injectors and using a multi-meter is the best way to test.

It really works.

Guys, you can have a look at this article to know the way about testing Cummins injector in brief.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123