Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 255/80r17 tires

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

255/80r17 tires

I just installed 255/80r17 Cooper ST MAXX on my '11 2500. They are only about 1 1/4" taller and a little bit narrower. First impression, they had a wicked high frequency vibration for the first 80miles or so but it went away. I have not had them long enough to know if they will change fuel mileage. They look a lot bigger than they are on the truck. Deffinatly have good traction. I hope they last at least 40k, but time will tell. I would try them if you were thinking about it, the tire shop said they looked pretty good and they are made in the USA.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Thread looks similar to the Goodyear Destination MT I had for awhile. They were good year round and expecially in the winter tire.
    But overtime I noticed a roughly 1 mpg loss and when they were about 1/2 worn they talked to me .... loudly to me. Mileage life ... I got about 70+k when I had to replace them.
    So you might look at the 1 mpg loss, and I hope they aren't that talkative. And per my wife, it's a very .. loud .. one sided conversation.

And I'm sorry, I noticed it's your 2nd post, did I say:

to the forum yet ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

So far I am ahead on mpg by a full day, 80 miles round trip to work. Some is from warmer temps, but not all. I can turn the radio up for 70k!! The wife doesn't like riding in my truck anyway.

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: 255/80r17 tires

How’d your mpg end up with these tires? And how is the tread life?