Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Roof Lighting

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Roof Lighting

Has anyone tried smoked roof lighting on their ride? I found these smoked lights on a dealers website https://www.bcdiesel.ca/en/recon-cab...ight-kit-white. Does anyone from Canada have these on their ride? Do they look good? Or is it a waste for $170?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

... I see it's your first post.

I believe when it comes to lighting, smoked or otherwise, it's mainly the owners personal preference. If your going to convert to smokes, or that matter whatever color or design you want, are you doing them all or not ? I have seen people do some and not all, then it looks like a unfinished truck. If going smoked like you indicated, going LED is best since they light brighter than normal lighting. Seeing they are smoked lights, try what one person did, take a printout picture of your truck and draw on the smoked lights, that will give you and idea of what they will look like, and make it eaiser to decide. In fact, you can do the entire truck that way to see it finished out and decide is this is the finsihed product you want. Don't depend on what others like in looks, you own it and you need to like or dislike.

And welcome to the forum ......

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Likes TH-64, Polaraco liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jagg View Post
    Has anyone tried smoked roof lighting on their ride? I found these smoked lights on a dealers website https://www.bcdiesel.ca/en/recon-cab...ight-kit-white. Does anyone from Canada have these on their ride? Do they look good? Or is it a waste for $170?
    That is extremely expensive! If you dont have current lights be careful of which are complete packages with wires and without. You may be able to get away with a 50$ OEM set ( complete with wiring and cutout diagrahm) and then just pick up some smoked plastics and different bulbs and save some cash. Then you have the original orange lenses if the smoked aint your style.

What year truck?

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    ... I see it's your first post.

I believe when it comes to lighting, smoked or otherwise, it's mainly the owners personal preference. If your going to convert to smokes, or that matter whatever color or design you want, are you doing them all or not ? I have seen people do some and not all, then it looks like a unfinished truck. If going smoked like you indicated, going LED is best since they light brighter than normal lighting. Seeing they are smoked lights, try what one person did, take a printout picture of your truck and draw on the smoked lights, that will give you and idea of what they will look like, and make it eaiser to decide. In fact, you can do the entire truck that way to see it finished out and decide is this is the finsihed product you want. Don't depend on what others like in looks, you own it and you need to like or dislike.

And welcome to the forum ......

I will definitely try this out @ AnOldBiker

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by E.mccarthy7018 View Post
    That is extremely expensive! If you dont have current lights be careful of which are complete packages with wires and without. You may be able to get away with a 50$ OEM set ( complete with wiring and cutout diagrahm) and then just pick up some smoked plastics and different bulbs and save some cash. Then you have the original orange lenses if the smoked aint your style.

What year truck?

I own a 2001 RAM 2500. I already have OEM lights on my ride. I just want a change. I was looking for smoked LED lights which can be used as direct replacement.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jagg View Post
    I own a 2001 RAM 2500. I already have OEM lights on my ride. I just want a change. I was looking for smoked LED lights which can be used as direct replacement.
    I use eBay a lot and there is a ton with all different color lighting all from 30-50$ USD ( i heard you mention O Canada) Those ones you posted a link to were high dollar!

I don't have them so I'm going with the poem and eBay i can get them from a different dealer for about 50$ less than my dealer ( not sure why ) eBay has a lot of competition only reason i suspect them to have better prices!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Truck-SUV-5P...1V1SoV&vxp=mtr