Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sunroof issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Sunroof issues

My factory sunroof on my 09 Laramie closes and flips up just fine but doesn't open 100% of the way. It stops at about 85%. I've tried holding the button down, opening it with the truck parked everything. Idk what else to do. If anyone knows anything or how to resolve this is really appreciate it. It seemed to have worked fine a few days ago. Any help would be great thank you

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

When my 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee did that they needed to replace the control module for the sunroof. Maybe the same problem?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I don't own a sunroof and have no personal experience with them, but something to think of while looking it over.

My son had a car with an electrical slide-in sunroof that over time only 1/2 opened. He finally had to turn it into the dealer where they found debris built up in the channels. They had a sensor that if the roof drew a pre-set limit of tension would stop the movement so it would not break parts and leave the roof stuck open.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan