Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Hum/vibration in dash

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hum/vibration in dash

04 2500 4x4.
    Hard to describe, but kinda vibrates and hums at idle. Quits as soon as you accelerate. Comes and goes.

Any ideas?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
    04 2500 4x4.
    Hard to describe, but kinda vibrates and hums at idle. Quits as soon as you accelerate. Comes and goes.

Any ideas?
    I'm curios my 05 as well . Except I just learned I'm in need of a CP3

Sent from my crib

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Heck, I had a on / off .. low frequency vibration last year and finally found it as a toy left in the glove compartment from my youngest grandkid. Drove me nuts trying to find what was causing it, because it sounded like coming through the dash from the engine compartment.

So ..... need more info.
    Does it sounds like it comes through or in the dash, in the cabin, from the engine compartment or ........
    High or low tone, right side or left, constant or intermittenet ...

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Heck, I had a on / off .. low frequency vibration last year and finally found it as a toy left in the glove compartment from my youngest grandkid. Drove me nuts trying to find what was causing it, because it sounded like coming through the dash from the engine compartment.

So ..... need more info.
    Does it sounds like it comes through or in the dash, in the cabin, from the engine compartment or ........
    High or low tone, right side or left, constant or intermittenet ...
    Agree! My son decided that all my change in my cup holder needed to go in my cdplayer and cassett compartment when he was 2 years old, and i pulled hair out trying to figure it out where the noise was coming from!

point being, check the unexpected one day that you have time like panel clips, dash screws, look everywhere, maybe even use a stethascope if it irritates you too much to narrow it down ( my wifes a nurse).

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It sounds like it is coming from the center of the dash, behind the radio. I'm going to pull it this weekend and see if anything is loose. It is only at certain low rpms . Highway speed, no sound.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

That was similar with mine. I also had an ink pen in the dash vent one time but it never come out just went deeper down and quit making noise.
    Idle will definatly have the most vibration. IMOVIE

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
    It sounds like it is coming from the center of the dash, behind the radio. I'm going to pull it this weekend and see if anything is loose. It is only at certain low rpms . Highway speed, no sound.
    Look under the hood also at A/C lines and heater core lines to see if they may be rubbing each other or the firewall. I've seen where someone installs a heater core one evaporator core and the tubes have been bent and they rub causing a vibration

Sent from my crib

9. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'll try that. Thanks

10. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post