5"flo pro turbo back
    currently has xrt pro

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Glad to see you did just the nozzles

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Whatcha doing with the truck? Towing much weight or just want to go quick?

I ran a Silver Bullet 366 turbo with an AFE manifold on my 08 and loved the overall performance. I could hit some high EGTs with hot tuning on an almost stock fuel system. With EFI tuning you could probably make my setup run a lot better though. I went with a 3rd gen setup to use my existing TBE and CAI or I would have gone with a 2nd gen setup.

I think I am going to try a 2nd gen setup on my 2012 and try and run a BW466 turbo. Still not exactly sure which way I will go yet. I was on the fence for a long time before I settled on the Silver Bullet 366 for my 08, but I sure was happy when I hit the starter and she fired up with a roar!

Good luck with your build!

Last edited by Rockwerx; 10-30-2012 at 01:23 AM. Reason: added more info

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

A manifold makes that much difference?

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

yes, stock form is very restrictive. stainless diesel offers a very nice maifold and will also lower egt's.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Turbo and manifold combo made a 10% increase in fuel economy. That was with the exact same tuning and no other changes. I did have a few other supporting mods done before my swap.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Permanent Vacation dodgeram082500's Avatar

User Info Menu

Yes the sb66 made a big difference on my truck also and with efi tuning it could be even better

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Truck is just a daily driver, It is a customer ride. He just wants it to get up when he is ready.
    RW thanks for the manifold info I will check into that.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The SB366 gen 3 manifold is a great street performer IMO. Too bad they did not put this turbo on from the factory as it really uncorked my 6.7. Mild tuning, new turbo and manifold, CAI, 5" turbo back exhaust, a few little tricks and these 6.7s are amazing. I am sure your customer will be surprised at how much different the truck is after the mods you have planned. Basically night and day over stock parts and tuning. See if Lucus from Lazersmith can do your EFI tuning...I hear he has been doing EFI tuning on stock and modifyed Cummins engines for many happy customers. I hope to use his skills when I can start to tune my 2012 Ram.

10. Thanks dodgeram082500 thanked for this post
    Likes dodgeram082500 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Lucas How about getting us set up as a resaler of your EFI live tuning, I currently sell 2 others. EFIBYRYAN and LATUNING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast