Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2007.5 ecm problem- Catalyst Full Service Required

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2007.5 ecm problem- Catalyst Full Service Required

hello my name is chuck andres, i have a dodge 3500 6.7 cummins with approx 92,000 miles. approx 2 months ago the overhead display started a double chime and read catylyst full service required. but all that was removed. , then motor power dropped down, eventually it goes up again. i have heard other cummins 6.7 owners have had the same problem. i have had all the deletes done to the motor 4 years ago with a smarty jr. tuner. sometime this problem comes back every 10 minutes when i am towing my 5th wheel. then goes away again. is there any kind ECM programming you can do to get rid of this problem? i have been trying everywhere i can. thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

disconnect the flapper valve under the egr in the air pipe. It's a silver thing in the air flow. The plug is on the back

The ECM is closing the flapper.

What tuner are you using?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

i am not familiar with that area of the egr you are referring to. i had all that egr and DPF removed 4 years ago. is there pictures of the area you are talking about on the web? i have a smarty jr tuner installed. thanks for replying chuck

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I told you where it is. The flapper is why it's bucking. Anyone still have one installed? We need a picture

I ask again. What tuner are you using?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I am useing the Smarty Jr.Tuner

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chuck1949 View Post
    I am useing the Smarty Jr.Tuner
    Smarty is OK for power. They fall short on the deletes. see if there is an update for the Jr. It may fix that message