Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Question about local diesel shop

1. Top Of Page | #1

Question about local diesel shop

Guys has anyone used zimmeys diesel performance is Pennsylvania by hersey? I am looking to get my tranny built and i was out at the Great American outdoor show Saturday and they seemed decently priced. They carry all bd diesel parts. Anyone running a bd trans? Any good? Im shooting for 700-800 hp eventually. He said 1 year warranty for all the components parts and labor. And 3 years for the tranny . Any support would be great
    I want to do ot right before i add all the power mods. He quoted me 5500 for a tranny that will " definitely support 800 hp" thats what the bd diesel sales rep said. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Well I can't be of much help, sorry, but wanting to learn more on this. Been through Penn but no vehicle business done there.
    After looking through many other sites, it seems a large amount of people recommends: http://goerend.com/index.cfm?Page_name=home for their heavy duty billet part transmissions for high horsepowerd engines.
    Seems a large amount of people throughout the nation has used and rated them very highly.

But I'd like to see what turns up in this thread and expand my knowledge on this topic.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Well I can't be of much help, sorry, but wanting to learn more on this. Been through Penn but no vehicle business done there.
    After looking through many other sites, it seems a large amount of people recommends: http://goerend.com/index.cfm?Page_name=home for their heavy duty billet part transmissions for high horsepowerd engines.
    Seems a large amount of people throughout the nation has used and rated them very highly.

But I'd like to see what turns up in this thread and expand my knowledge on this topic.
    I also have heard great things about them. Im just trying to build a reputation with a local shop. If something goes wrong i can get the truck to them easily instead of shipping the trans. I dont know what to do i dont want to throw 6k down and it to have problems down the road .thanks for the link tho

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post