Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RT hood

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Good idea! It'll also save a lot of money.
    LOL See that? I'm good for something. LOL

Here's another money saver. Take your paint code to an autobody paint supply, or maybe on line. Get a couple spray cans made of base coat and 3 cans of a high quality clear. Dupont is really good clear. Bone up on how to prep your piece and you can paint it to match yourself too! If you know someone with a polisher, that's a big plus. Then you'll have left over paint for touch ups on the truck. I think Dupont supplies the paint for Chrysler know. It used to be Pittsburgh. Your base coat is water base from the factory. FYI The clear uses solvents.

A suggestion, try to find a scoop with an inner water diverter so it doesn't just dump on the engine.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes beans20, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    LOL See that? I'm good for something. LOL

Here's another money saver. Take your paint code to an autobody paint supply, or maybe on line. Get a couple spray cans made of base coat and 3 cans of a high quality clear. Dupont is really good clear. Bone up on how to prep your piece and you can paint it to match yourself too! If you know someone with a polisher, that's a big plus. Then you'll have left over paint for touch ups on the truck. I think Dupont supplies the paint for Chrysler know. It used to be Pittsburgh. Your base coat is water base from the factory. FYI The clear uses solvents.

A suggestion, try to find a scoop with an inner water diverter so it doesn't just dump on the engine.
    Good since we are on the subject of paint match, what is the best way to prep chrome in order to paint match do I need to sand blast or what?

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Good since we are on the subject of paint match, what is the best way to prep chrome in order to paint match do I need to sand blast or what?
    Probably an etching primer. Better study that one first. You'll definitely have to get it wax and silicone free. I don't paint chrome on purpose. LOL

I got an idea, ask the people you buy the paint from

Keep us informed. Maybe do a picture thread for @F350Cummins so I don't have to do it. LOL

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Likes beans20 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Sand it down and use adhesive promoter s

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

7. Likes beans20 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 5.9cummins View Post
    Sand it down and use adhesive promoter s

Right. But fine grits on primed surface. If it's too coarse, the sanding scratches will show. Prep a good primed surface with 320 or finer. Plastic chrome the same. Metal chrome may be an issue. You don't want it peeling in 6 months.

9. Likes beans20 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16
    Good point and yes there is a big difference between plastic chrome and metal

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12