Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Seems Fishy!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I wonder if I should bring my bridges and swamp land down there of a garage sale.
    You have room for the bridge I have for sale?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes beans20 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

The things people will do to make a buck !

After thinking about this a bit, I agree they must have found how to un VIN lock the device they own. I know a kid who can unlock an iPhone and make it movable between phone companies and not having to buy phone after phone.

If this is accomplished, then the customer of theirs have an issue when something goes wrong, hoping he still has access to the tuner and can help in the future. And if you think of it with the manufactures system being you need to VIN lock the device, can they even help if you, this guys end consumer has problems ? I'm not positive, but I don't think they can ... and I would (I hate this word) 'assume' they would not help since your not thier customer.

So you can be with a vehicle that will need very costly electronics replaced.
    What's the old saying: BUYER BEWARE ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes beans20, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12