Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006 bad knock

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Subscribe to the thread. This sounds terrible.

I guess my hearing needs to be checked, sounds like a gasket leak or a crack in a part to me.
    But the P0243 code indicates a Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A Malfunction from what I'm reading.
    Whatever it is I hope it's a cheap and easy fix.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

@AccurateDiesel you get this?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Yes - and received one before you made the change - sometimes I get them - sometimes not....

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

That sounds like a server issue.

Let's try this new email for awhile @AccurateDiesel.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AccurateDiesel View Post
    Just found this! Did not get the notification again... That noise hurts my ears even on the video! I agree that valve train is certainly a possibility worth investigating - ultimately the valve cover has to come off any way. Steve, that was an excellent write-up on cleaning before disassembly. I wish you could work here and give that talk to everyone we sell injectors to. It would save a lot of headaches!
    Thanks Tim You can use it. Any time my friend. Call it preinstall prep. Warranty void if not followed. LOL I bet you get your share.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Subscribe to the thread. This sounds terrible.

I guess my hearing needs to be checked, sounds like a gasket leak or a crack in a part to me.
    But the P0243 code indicates a Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A Malfunction from what I'm reading.
    Whatever it is I hope it's a cheap and easy fix.
    He has a code? He just put that turbo in a month ago.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Steve, the code is because i do not have an electronic wastegate on the turbo.

Solution Found: My Exhaust Valve V arm was off, No clue why it did it, valve lash was within spec, but on the outter side of it. Drove it home from work no issues.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #18
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Thank God it was a cheap fix.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Top Of Page | #19
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

That's Right - Now he still has money for the 100HP Injectors that Steven is trying to get him to buy

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

LOL, Let me pay my day's snap-on debt ......

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast