Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Temp problems

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Temp problems

Anyone know why my temp gauge drops at idle? Runs around 190 driving down the road, but if it idles for any period of time it'll drop down to around 140. Temperatures have been in the 30's around here. Its a 2000 24 valve 170,000 miles.

Thanks for the help!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moparbuckeye View Post
    Anyone know why my temp gauge drops at idle? Runs around 190 driving down the road, but if it idles for any period of time it'll drop down to around 140. Temperatures have been in the 30's around here. Its a 2000 24 valve 170,000 miles.

Thanks for the help!!
    I can see you came from the gasser world.

It's a diesel. They do that. Diesels run much cooler than a gasser. Ever notice how long it takes to get to that 190*? It's OK It's normal

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, beans20, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

X2.
    Start worring when it gets way above the 190* mark and 'doesn't drop' when the thermostat opens.

5. Likes Polaraco liked this post