Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Race me ultra problem

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    So I went back to the shop that installed my raceme and had them walk me through the whole down load process I now have the most recent tune. While I was there it asked about the trans tuning and I told him I would do it later I wanted to research it a bit. How do I go back to install trans tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you go through the programming process again, you should see a transmission menu. Under the transmission menu, select the transmission tuning option and that's all you do.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Do I unplug it and reload everything

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Do I unplug it and reload everything

No need to unplug but you must fully reprogram your truck by selecting the ECM/DTC menu and doing the added power with deletes option.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

First you need to put the updated sd card in the tuner. From there you either can unplug the ultra, and then plug it back in, which will will start an automatic firmware update. Follow the steps. Or you can just scroll to firmware update in the main menu, and update firmware that way. After the firmware is updated you program the ecm, follow the steps. It will take you through the trans tuning option, and so on. Truck is not running with key on through all this. Make sure you have good voltage. (Recommend doing after a drive, or with a battery charger hooked to a battery)

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help ray. I got it installed, I think what exactly does the trans tune do.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help ray. I got it installed, I think what exactly does the trans tune do.

It bumps up the line pressure at full load, increases shift firmness a tad, and alters the shift points a little to keep in from jumping in 6th gear too quick.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

So once you load it it's done you don't actually see it on the tuner it self.

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

You should notice it hold 3rd and especially 4th longer. Little firmer, and added line pressure as ray said.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

So once you load it it's done you don't actually see it on the tuner it self.

Yes. You can watch the line pressure as guage if you'd like

11. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Great what is a safe line pressure. Right now I just running. Default

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast