Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fass 150 down for the count

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fass 150 down for the count

What a fine Sunday morning I've had..

Saturday night I was ice fishing when it was -15 below in Minnesota with -35 windchill. fired up just fine, half way home, the truck started cutting out, and finally died on me. got it pulled over. opened the hood and found the fuse blew. put a new fuse in and all was well until this morning. I figured I should change the filters, got the filters replaced, went to fire it up to run into town and the pump was silent. saw that the fuse had blew again, replaced it, and still nothing, didnt even blow another fuse. I did put 911 in it let it sit for a few hours and nothing. Think she is Junk

I have the FASS heater in it. So, knowing that the heater it self was working, I swapped over the power harness from the heater to the pump its self, and nothing.

Since I've changed the filters, its lost its prime so now its stuck in the driveway. Pissed that Ive spent the money on the FASS heater, and the pump still ate the bullet. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge. But I am quickly learning that I need one...

Anyone know of any other fail safes on the fass that i should check? I need the rig back on the road by Friday.

Fass is going to love me come tomorrow morning

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

The fuse blowing is a sure indication the motor went bad. You'll have to call Fass. They'll do a cross ship if you're still under warranty.

It happens. I'd rather it a FASS then an AirDog.

That reminds me. I been asking for one of these dealers to get me a price on a spare pump and not a word.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes fourteen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

when I bought mine I had sent in my registration card. so I have the lifetime warranty, Even though I had installed it last year at this time so its only about a year old.. but you know about that.

Just rather pissed is all. But I hear that FASS has excellent customer service, so hoping that they will get one sent asap so I can get it in before Friday.
    Ill be wrapping the filters with header tape to hopefully keep some of the heat in. cant believe they haven't made something to keep it more out of the element.

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Update: got it running. Pumping fuel, barley. After I have a little space heater warming it up, and I give the fass a few taps like you would a starter and she starts to put. I'll turn the truck on, let it run. And after about 15 min, she starts popping fuses like crazy. Fass motor gets stupid hot.

Sitting at a heater shop right now. Let it sit for a few hours. Still leaning on needing a new pump. Since I drove it to the shop just fine. Without the fass running. Telling me that it's not necessarily a gelled fuel problem anymore...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The motor may have gotten moisture in it, If you could, take the motor back off and blow it out.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    The motor may have gotten moisture in it, If you could, take the motor back off and blow it out.
    Going to limp it into work tomorrow. Let it sit in the shop all day. Where I'll also have access to an air supply. I'll try and blow it out at that point.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I know this is bragging. . . . If push comes to shove, I have a air compressor on my truck. I can pressurize the tank and push fuel.

10. Likes stryker04cummins liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I thought about getting a on board air system. Itd be convenient in more then a few ways. Also, I kinda want train horns... haha and I'd like to air lockers soon.

Just got off the phone with my friend. He has a 05 duramax, with a fass 150. Having the same issue I am..

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Well, I finally got my fass back. After a week and a half with no truck.. sure as hell, the pump was bad, apparently my testing wasn't thorough enough so I had to send it in to make sure... don't agree with there way of warranting a pump. (It's only around a year old..) so they replaced it and then I reinstalled it lastnight. Runs like a top.

Now. With that being said. I gelled or waxed 2 times last year and once this year. First, I'm switching gas staition. Evidently with howes anti gell AND a fuel heater, it still wanted to gell. So I'll be running #1 or 60/40 every winter... along with that I'm getting a fuel pressure gauge.. I need to know what one to get. There is a 0 to 30 psi 'or' 0 to 100psi.. what should mine be at? (04.5 cummins with a fass 150)

Ps. How does one change the signature on tapatalk? Be nice to have the same one as if I was on a laptop LOL

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

MMMMM Look around and see what they do with diesel in the arctic. In my day, we used to add kerosene to the fuel. We didn't have all these additives they have today. You said something that clicked with me. You had 2 freeze ups last year and one this year. That means the heater is doing it's job. I made that external heater which is a couple of feet from the Fass.

Remember too, common rails eventually warm the fuel via the return. The fuel returns through that warm head.

I am planning on buying a spare pump, warranty or not, and throwing it under the back seat. Like I told Fass, I can't walk into Car Quest and buy one off the shelf.

Glad you got her running. Shtuff happens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast