2 100.00%
  • bad *** dodge truck boat

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy comes to me.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Hurricane Sandy comes to me.

So with hurricane Sandy approaching I need to determine my next mode of transportation

(I have in the back yard and is free) 7120.jpg

OR and the big OR

(custom order, need to wait, $200,000 and even more financing issues) 380836.jpg

Any input would be great!

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Hurricane Sandy comes to me.

Buy a canoe, LOL.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

My canoe happens to be far enough north it is likely to see snow. Besides I may bring it back while I am up there Saturday.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well, I hope you can swim really good. That is the only advise I can give yeah. I am just going to stay high up on a hill and hope for the best.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins- My truck- No it is not the boyfriends. It is all mine. Leveled 2.5in's with 35 Kelly Safari TSR on MT Classic II Beadlocks. Stock. Gotta South Bend Clutch to go in some time soon.
    2000 Polaris Sportmans 500- Yeah, now this is my toy to hit the trails with and get alittle muddy. Oh it can go just about anywhere.
    Dairy Farmer by birth but forced to work off the farm for the truck.
    First Lady to Sponsor here.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Too bad it's not here tomorrow. Then you'd get your weekly shower

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So glad I am not in the navy anymore LOL

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Think about those poor SOB's in the Coast Guard!

I knew there was a reason I went Army

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Hurricane Sandy comes to me.

Yeah those poor coasties are scared outta their minds gotta go more then a mile off shore, they might have to get the tops of their feet wet LOL

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I salute the CG guys.

According to the weather man, Alex and I are going to be in the North East Ground Zero

If I disappear for a few days, my internet is down. We have a 13KW GenSet to run on if needed. Last year we were on it for a week with that snow storm.

The winds are only forecast for 35 MPH. But the ground is saturated so I see trees going down

Last edited by Polaraco; 10-27-2012 at 07:19 PM.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

... HIGH WIND WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON...
    * WINDS... NORTHEAST TO NORTH AT 35 TO 45 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 55 TO 65 MPH ARE ANTICIPATED MONDAY AND TUESDAY. THESE WINDS MAY THEN SHIFT TO THE WEST LATE MONDAY AS THE STORM MOVES ACROSS OUR AREA. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR SOME LOCAL WIND GUSTS TO 75 MPH, MAINLY ALONG THE IMMEDIATE NEW JERSEY COAST.
    * TIMING... THE WINDS WILL INCREASE FROM THE IMMEDIATE ATLANTIC COAST INLAND DURING SUNDAY INTO MONDAY. THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO OCCUR DURING MONDAY.
    * IMPACTS... A PROLONGED PERIOD OF HIGH WINDS WILL INCREASE THE POTENTIAL FOR STRUCTURAL DAMAGE, DOWNED TREES AND POWER OUTAGES. THE COMBINATION OF THE WIND, INCREASINGLY SOFTENED GROUND, AND MANY TREES STILL WITH LOTS OF LEAVES, COULD RESULT IN WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAGES MONDAY AND TUESDAY. TREES COULD BE COMPLETELY UPROOTED AND MANY TREE LIMBS BROKEN. POWER OUTAGES MAY BE OF DURATION.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast