Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Brake not working

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust Brake not working

Hi, Just installed the raceme ultra (200hp default everything with quick spool and transmission tuning)without a problem, removed exhaust unplugged EGR 4 plugs. Everything works great except the exhaust brake, it will not engage when turned on driving or during warmup either with -10 deg celsius. Your help in solving this issue will be greatly appreciated...

Regards

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cometman View Post
    Hi, Just installed the raceme ultra (200hp default everything with quick spool and transmission tuning)without a problem, removed exhaust unplugged EGR 4 plugs. Everything works great except the exhaust brake, it will not engage when turned on driving or during warmup either with -10 deg celsius. Your help in solving this issue will be greatly appreciated...

Regards
    Did you unplug or disconnect the exhaust back pressure sensor by chance? This is the sensor that is located above the thermostat housing that has a metal tube that goes back the exhaust manifold.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

No, just this one... Should I?

EGR_Cooler_Actuator_MOD-2.jpg

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cometman View Post
    No, just this one... Should I?

EGR_Cooler_Actuator_MOD-2.jpg
    No don't disconnect the exhaust back pressure sensor. By doing so, it can cause the exhaust brake no to work.

If you didn't disconnect the exhaust back pressure sensor, then I'd try returning your truck to stock programming and then retuning it with RaceME tuning again...just make sure your batteries are holding a full charge. Low voltage can cause all kinds of programming issues.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    No don't disconnect the exhaust back pressure sensor. By doing so, it can cause the exhaust brake no to work.

If you didn't disconnect the exhaust back pressure sensor, then I'd try returning your truck to stock programming and then retuning it with RaceME tuning again...just make sure your batteries are holding a full charge. Low voltage can cause all kinds of programming issues.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    @Double R Diesel I accidentally unplugged my back pressure sensor, and my brother put it in the burn pile. My exhaust brake still works but I am trying extremely hard to find another sensor and tube but a brand new one is going to cost me close to $300. The reason I unplugged it is I called HPP to ask them where my extra bolts went and I was instructed to take that out. What should I do? Do you know of any place I can get one a lot cheaper by chance?

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    @Double R Diesel I accidentally unplugged my back pressure sensor, and my brother put it in the burn pile. My exhaust brake still works but I am trying extremely hard to find another sensor and tube but a brand new one is going to cost me close to $300. The reason I unplugged it is I called HPP to ask them where my extra bolts went and I was instructed to take that out. What should I do? Do you know of any place I can get one a lot cheaper by chance?

Put that extra 300 bucks to a 2nd gen swap

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
    Put that extra 300 bucks to a 2nd gen swap
    Yeah I wish.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    The 13 and up trucks may be a little different but 12s and older will have not have a properly exhaust brake function of the VGT without the sensor hooked up. It is kinda hard to explain, but when you delete tune a 6.7 Cummins, the exhaust back pressure logic is and isn't there.

Your cheapest route is salvage for a sensor and tubing setup.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    The 13 and up trucks may be a little different but 12s and older will have not have a properly exhaust brake function of the VGT without the sensor hooked up. It is kinda hard to explain, but when you delete tune a 6.7 Cummins, the exhaust back pressure logic is and isn't there.

Your cheapest route is salvage for a sensor and tubing setup.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Yeah I've called around to some of the local salvage shops around here and can't find one. If you happen to run across one can you let me know please sir. I'll obviously cover shipping and all.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast