Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: best fuel pump for 05 5.9L

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

best fuel pump for 05 5.9L

just interested in what you all think is the best fueling pump for my 05 5.9L cummins. I'm running a smarty senior with edge juice w/ attitude and a BD stage 2 transmission. i plan on running around 800 ponies

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

By fuel pump are you referring to lift pump or CP3? As for lift pump I really like my Air Dog 100. These little pumps are only rated for 650hp but I'm at 850rwhp right now and it's been holding it's own now for over 5 years. Personally I'd go with one of the new 165gph, 4G Air Dog lift pumps for your goal.
    Now when it comes to CP3 high pressure fuel pumps you mentioned wanting 800hp so I'd recommend a dual set-up with 2 stock Cummins CP3's. Lot's of kits out there, most are all copies of each other. My only advice would be to buy one that does NOT utilize the ATS controller, they tend to want to stop working with no warning....I'm on my third. Good luck!

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've heard many praise AirDog and Fass. Might consider contacting one or two of the companies that support the forum and hash it out with them. They would have all the knowledge for all the pumps and kits, then set on it for a bit to think it out, then choose from there. It's gonna cost, so you need to be sure before shelling out the bucks.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I would first ask what mods are you gonna do to achieve 800hp.

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Absolutely love my fass 150. They offer a lifetime warrenty.

Not sure about airdog. But ive Heard some salty reviews on airdog.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

FASS

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC