Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  66
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thuren goodies

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

thuren goodies

How many of you guys are into good suspension systems like thuren. I have his front coils with trackbar, swaybar and king shocks and I'm about to pull the trigger on his truss kit. Truck rides super smooth for a 1ton pickup. Might even try his boogie bumpstops along with some long travel rear leafs this year. Having an 8000lb truck that drives as smooth or smoother than a half ton is addictive. If you got some thuren or carli goodies let's hear about your experiences.

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I just put the Carli back country with their sway bar on my 2016. The truck rides like a Cadillac!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, KimWar1911 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Amazing how well some good suspension parts can make a 8000plb tow rig ride and handle

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

6. Likes Bigron17, JDaniel liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Really they ride good? I assumed it was just hype. I had TGC 3.5 "soft ride" in my 3rd Gen and wasn't impressed. I have 2 inch spacers on my current 13 Laramie. I don't think it rides bad at all w the 35s. Def drives better thst my 03 ever did. So you guys think a Thuren 3 inch spring would ride better than 2 inch spacers? BTW I just saw your avatar for first time Kyle . It's awesome! I actually LOL ed!

8. Thanks fourteen thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Really they ride good? I assumed it was just hype. I had TGC 3.5 "soft ride" in my 3rd Gen and wasn't impressed. I have 2 inch spacers on my current 13 Laramie. I don't think it rides bad at all w the 35s. Def drives better thst my 03 ever did. So you guys think a Thuren 3 inch spring would ride better than 2 inch spacers? BTW I just saw your avatar for first time Kyle . It's awesome! I actually LOL ed!
    I think the 3" springs will ride better than spacers, but don't get too excited. I got pretty excited to install mine and the ride from stock is better, looks cool, but at the end of the day on one of the roughest roads in iowa, it's still a solid axle truck, and rides rough. I do believe the high dollar kits can get it to ride "like a half ton", but front coils and shocks don't do it alone. And if you look at thuren front coils, you will notice that they do not say soft ride coils for the 13+ trucks, as they did on the years before. They just say 3" level coils. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a great product. But you mentioned hype, and I do believe people are led to believe the ride is so much better, and in my opinion it's only marginally better with front coils and shocks only.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Likes Noneck liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Go with Carli coils and the Carli fox reservoir shock! Cadillac!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

12. Likes RATLIN'HP, Noneck liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks Ratlin. That's what I figured. The carli and fox are a little pricey and honestly my truck rides better leveled w 35s than it did stock. I think bringing the front end up makes it ride "over" instead if "into bumps if that makes sense?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I think the 3" springs will ride better than spacers, but don't get too excited. I got pretty excited to install mine and the ride from stock is better, looks cool, but at the end of the day on one of the roughest roads in iowa, it's still a solid axle truck, and rides rough. I do believe the high dollar kits can get it to ride "like a half ton", but front coils and shocks don't do it alone. And if you look at thuren front coils, you will notice that they do not say soft ride coils for the 13+ trucks, as they did on the years before. They just say 3" level coils. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a great product. But you mentioned hype, and I do believe people are led to believe the ride is so much better, and in my opinion it's only marginally better with front coils and shocks only.
    Here I go again thinking I was too harsh LOL! Thuren makes a good product, and I can remember telling people it's one of the best things I've ever done to truck after I installed the coils and shocks. But over time, driving the same rough 34 miles of road everyday, I can say that my set up with fox ifp shocks is no Cadillac. But I'm not complaining. I just got used to my set up being better than stock, and the wow factor wore off. But I still think Thuren suspension is quality stuff.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yeah, I get it. It's a 7000 lb 2500 with a giant engine and solid axle. I didn't buy it expecting it to ride like a 1500. I rally have no complaint with factory, however I put a 2 inch spacer instead of 3 to reduce negative effects of stick track bar. It's still not level though and it bothers me a little so I may eventually go to 3. Then again I have a 16x10 garage door and 12 foot ceilings and may just go with 6 inch and 37s someday too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

16. Likes Thatcumminsgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Exactly! Only mines a 3500. Just my opinion, stay with the 2 inch. I think my 3" springs have my front slightly higher than rear. I really don't even want to add even an inch to rear for pulling my camper reasons. But I might someday. For now I have air bags in rear, and running 25 psi in them achieves the look I want. And I know! Running air them bags empty is not helping my quality of ride I've just been talking about LOL

18. Thanks Thatcumminsgirl thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck, Thatcumminsgirl liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast