Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: hot shots secrets!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

hot shots secrets!

So, I was headed back to Minnesota today from Nebraska and was stopped to fill up the truck and stumbled upon hot shots diesel extreme. Ive always heard great things about it, just never got around to ordering it. so, recently noticing a slight tick/knock in the motor, I went on a limb and bought it to try it out, dumped about 1/4 of the 2qt bottle in to my full tank and cruised down the road.

About 20 to 30 min down the road I noticed a huge difference! boost went from 38psi to 42psi at WOT (smarty on lvl 7 wastegate off) and throttle response seemed to improve and at my exit I noticed the tick seemed to quite down.

very pleased with the product but I do have a question from people that have used it before. I got the two quart bottle and have about 3/4 of it left. do I not add a little bit to every tank after that first treatment? It says only treat every six months. so I'm guessing I just leave it sit until that 6 months comes around. I burned through that whole tank during that trip and wanted to know if I should add some to allow the additive to soak throughout the system..

Going to buy the hot shots stiction eliminator tomorrow night (oil additive) and give that a shot (JJ I need to put an order in for some more AMSOIL )

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays!

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I've heard about it too. Never used it because I don't live in diesel land. Never usually look around much at the truck stops.

I used the Archoil stuff and was pleased with the results of that too.

FYI for the other readers, http://www.hotshotsecret.com/shop/di...FdCPHwodh38CPA

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I've never seen it on a shelf before.. was at a truck stop in Iowa non the less.. middle of no man's land haha

Never heard of archoil. Is that supposed to be basically the same thing? different brand?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stryker04cummins View Post
    I've never seen it on a shelf before.. was at a truck stop in Iowa non the less.. middle of no man's land haha

Never heard of archoil. Is that supposed to be basically the same thing? different brand?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know. I've driven through all 48 except Maine. Some of those stops are out there. Ever been to Willie Nelsons? Pretty cool place. Yup! He owns a truck stop. Pulled in there with a beat up S73 Fury Convertible one time and they were all over the car.

You can check it out, http://www.archoil.com Several of us use the fuel additive religiously. I use the oil additive. I definitely hear the difference in the rear end. It's much quieter with the Nano additive. I run it in the engine too. I feel the difference if I miss a fuel treatment on a fill and it's pretty inexpensive per tank.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Peter Champion liked this post