Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: is it too soon to delete

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

is it too soon to delete

i got a 2015 2500 CTD with 13500 miles getting around 18.5 mpg as of Friday. I just put a leveling kit on it so my mpg will go down
    other than loosing my warranty is it a bad idea? the way I understand your truck runs better and less likely to have problems with my truck. and by doing that how can I keep engine brake after the exhaust delete?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Chris_24V, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Honestly you never know bud.. But I'd do it day one if I could have. Yes you can keep your exhaust brake as long your keeping factory turbo.

4. Thanks wlofton, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Chris_24V, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I deleted my '12 at 5000 miles and have not regretted 1 minute of it. That said, i was able to do it for a 3rd the price of what it costs to do the newer trucks. The the SCR system on the 13+ trucks is much better so I don't know that I would be in such a hurry if I ever traded up.

The only real down side is most likely losing the factory powertrain warranty. I say most likely because it really depends on what breaks, your dealership and how they feel about warranty work. The dealer I bought my truck from loved warranty work because it kept his A+ mechanics busy.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

if you just do deletes and keep the stock turbo you will be fine for you exhaust brake but will lose warranty
    and i know of guys that have deleted their trucks in the time it took to drive home and do it and no issues

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Deleted mine at 3600miles, got a little over 10000 trouble free using raceme. I tell everyone on the fence to look inside there intake, it will scare ya to see so much carbon/soot build up being breathed in to your engine. Mine looked as dirty as a webber bbq at only 3600miles. Most all warranty claims seem to be emissions related from what I've seen

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

9. Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wlofton View Post
    i got a 2015 2500 CTD with 13500 miles getting around 18.5 mpg as of Friday. I just put a leveling kit on it so my mpg will go down
    other than loosing my warranty is it a bad idea? the way I understand your truck runs better and less likely to have problems with my truck. and by doing that how can I keep engine brake after the exhaust delete?
    If you are not worried about warranty or emissions test, I would not hesitate ......was the best thing I did for mine

11. Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

From your original post, it sounds like your concern about the warrantee. It can be very expensive if you deside to change parts and something happens, your the only wallet open to pay for repairs. I'd suggest taalking to the dealership or maybe another finding out what would happen and who would be paying for it before changes. Then when the warrantee is out, what the heck, your footing the entire bill, do as you want.

Repairs are far from cheap or reasonable when your paying the entire bill. My friend made some mods on his Ford and when his truck died, found out the mods he installed killed the entire warrantee and he footed the entire bill ... new engine at a $12k cost.

Choose wisely for now.

13. Likes Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wlofton View Post
    Whenever you decide, I recommend @Double R Diesel and raceme. I didn't buy from him but he has been above and beyond helpful, and polite. Definitely knowledgeable and top notch customer service, raceme themselves as well. I cant tell you how to spend your money but my only recommendation is if there is any concerns with your truck as it is now, get them straightened out before you void the warranty. In my opinion deleting is only helping your truck not hurting it ( unless you see the power your truck is capable of and cant help but burning through some diesel).

15. Likes Power247, DRD, Chris_24V, oneshotkyle liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yep I agree with everyone I want to delete but my luck something would happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes Chris_24V liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I would like to second using Ray at @Double R Diesel and @Franz at RaceMe. I didn't buy from Ray either but that is only because I am in Oregon and didn't learn about his shop until recently and that was because he was nice enough to go out of his way and answer my questions for me. I will be purchasing as many new items as I can through him from now on. He is one heck of a guy and I for one appreciate anyone who is willing to offer that type of customer service in today's business world.

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, oneshotkyle liked this post