Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diesel Fuel Treatment

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Diesel Fuel Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Ok, but I still don't understand how it removes the oil from the fuel. By the way, I do still have the in tank life pump, but I do have a dual filter unit that has screw on, pre-filter (8 micron) and a final filter (2 micron).

Now I grant you, 2 microns or even one is very, very tiny. But to separate out the 2 stroke oil molecules from the diesel molecules whould mean it would have to be smaller yet.
    And this filter would have to be able to distinguish between the two molecules, which are extremely similar to each other in the molecular carbon chain.

It has to be me, but with all the products available in the market for our trucks, even the products for the crude oil industry, I have yet to see anyone of them accomplish this.
    I know what you are saying. I felt the same stubborn way. LOL I am just saying the Arch oil worked better and the cost was lower. Tighter chain I guess. . . . LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Diesel Fuel Treatment

I use hotshot secret.

Found it in truck stop. I think it works great. Little pricey.

I use it in like 1/4 doses and once in a while a strong dose. I’m on original injectors on my 14 with 362k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Diesel Fuel Treatment

Schaeffers SoyShield 6oz per 30gal.

2 times a year (Nov) (April) - I will run 16oz of Schaeffers Neutra with 3/4 of a tank.

Soy - (has already proved @ the right ratio & formulation) - it is one of the most effective diesel fuel additives - for cleaning & Lubrication of the fuel pump & injectors.
    SoyShield: is also a top quality Demulsifier.

Yes I admit: I have a Diesel Fuel Additive (Fetish / Habit)!

It's perfectly ok - I don't Smoke / Dip Snuff / or do Drugs or abuse alcohol - so I have a large amount $$$ laying around to support my additive fetish/habit.

So basically for my (Habit) it's not a Waste of $$$$ - When compared to the very harmful habits I listed above.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

6. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Diesel Fuel Treatment

I know some guys swear by a quart of transmission fluid every other tank. Haven't tried it yet.

8. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Diesel Fuel Treatment

I used to use power service but it destroyed the diaphragm in my fuel lab pressure regulator, they sent me a new one and said the cleaning additives power services used may have been the culprit.

10. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Diesel Fuel Treatment

I used to use Power Services year ago and didn't care much for it. Now I'm using Archoil but will shortly be making the switch to Hot Shot Secret Everyday Fuel Treatment.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Diesel Fuel Treatment

Archoil 6200 is great fuel treatment

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, Polaraco, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Diesel Fuel Treatment

I know many don't concern themselves with adding Diesel Fuel Additives.

But I felt like I needed to share a Great Deal for a Growing Fast ----> Reputable Company!

Hot Shot's Secret - has a group of Diesel Fuel Additives that are effective.

My last 5 product reviews (Of Diesel Extreme or Diesel Winter Anti-Gel -- Which I purchased) within their website have gained me 5 (FREE) 32oz bottles of their EDT product. (Over the past couple of years)

I have not read or heard of any other Diesel Fuel Additive companies even thinking of doing this.

I just purchased another 32oz bottle of the Anti-Gel to get me through the winter & received another 32oz bottle of EDT - for giving a review of my past purchased Anti-Gel.

Note: Word of Mouth info from Chris & Levi - The (Anti-Gel) is the SAME formulation as the EDT - with Anti-Gel protection added.

A LOUD "Shout Out" to ----> Hot Shots Secret = Great Products and Great Customer Service! &

Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, okie6n2 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, okie6n2, nitsuj08 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12