Glad Ray has been able to help at least two guys that where having trouble with thier raceme's. Never interacted with @Franz but I'm sure that between dealing with wrap and people (we have no idea how many) having issues big or small at some point he stops dealing with some issues right or wrong. I think we would all agree that he has developed a great product and sometimes people need another set of eyes. Hands or in this case mapping skills such as @Double R Diesel to help solve glitches. I am very glad that my $60,000.00 truck didn't have any problems from installing my raceme. I totally understand the frustration I seen on the other forum, and again very glad that at least two guys are happy with there raceme ultras again. not trying to start anything or belittle anyone's issues. Owning my on plumbing and heating company in the northeast, wall hung gas boilers are new and very big up here and some have glitches some customers are understanding and some not so much, as the owner sometimes this can be overwhelming. I will say ignoring a problem (customer) is never the answer but I can understand why it happens. Again glad ray is working as hard as he is to keep this product moving to the front of the line for us cummins guys and girls on all forums even if the other one can't say his name!