Thanks Thanks:  118
Likes Likes:  207
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 falling on its face. Tune or fuel pressure relief valve?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Today I put in another SD card then returned to stock. Then I reprogrammed to 120hp with all defaults. Still lurches forward then almost shuts down. I then didn't an OTF and went to 1900 bar fuel pressure and it still does the same thing. I then programmed it to stock with deletes and can not replicate the issue. Sure is a different truck though with stock power...
    Well sounds like you have covered the basis. Time to get Franz involved. Make sure you email him if you haven't told him already. I guranatee he will get it fixed up. Being other folks are not having the same issue in a large numbers, I'm thinking this is maybe calibration specific, meaning your year and model truck.
    @Franz

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    So I posted this on the cummins forum and DoubleRdiesel suggested In post it here. Here's my original posts.(Truck is deleted with RacemeUltra on 120hp tune all defaults and trans tuning.)
    Just had something weird happen. Been driving on this new tune for i guess 4 days now. I went to pull out into traffic pretty fast. Maybe half throttle. Truck took off fine and then I think hit second and fell completely on its face. It felt like it defueled totally or something. Fuel filters have about 400 miles on them so its not that. I let off and accelerated slowly and it hesitated and then drove ok. Next light.
    Someone suggested torque management kicked in which made sense.
    Then it happened again but this time I got a check engine light and error code for fuel pressure valve activated.
    I cleared code but haven't had a chance to drive it hard yet. Ray, I checked and am running default 1850 rail pressure. I changed gauges to monitor fuel pressure and I'm guessing if it a weak relief valve that I should be able to see my max fuel pressure and determine if it's in range or not? Assuming it is a weak valve and needs to be shimmed like Ray suggested, is there any harm shimming or am I safer just replacing the valve? I found a new OEM one on ebay for $160. Thoughts or input appreciated!
    Noneck. I wanted to let you know you are not the only person having this issue. Your Description through the last 3 pages of this thread is verbatium to what I have had happen and have followed the same procedure in an attempt to correct the issue. I also monitored Desired vs Actual rail pressure this evening and noted the same. The truck will surge forward like it is going to take off, then fall on its face like it is starving for fuel. I also threw the same code so I am now leaning towards tuning, but not sure. One thing i also noticed this evening while running Act vs Desired rail pressure senerios was when you punch the fuel, it will jump up to lets say 22K rail act and desired, and stay there a few seconds even after you let off the pedal before returning to normal? Any more ideas?

4. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

From what I'm hearing it sounds like a bug with the 2013 pickup tuning with this latest update. I've also heard indirectly that Franz is aware of this and is working on a solution.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Very interesting. Thank you for the info. I have actually been in contact with Franz. I emailed him last night and we we changed emails today. He wanted to know if my fuel filters had been changed, (which they recently were) and if my lift pump is good which it had been as far as I know. But the things he mentioned were definitely th8ngs I had considered, because that's how it felt. So now that at least another person is having similar issues, it leafs me more to believe it's the tune and not my truck. I'll let Franz know about your similar issues.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Did you save the previous download? Maybe reinstall that one and see if it fixes it? If not maybe @Franz can send it.

10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

You gents having the issues here...I'd like some more info from you. I've got my wheels turning on something... just don't know yet without more info.

How is the weather conditions where you live? Is it cold? Was your engine up to operating temp when the issues occur? @26coal @Noneck

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Temps for me here in PA have ranged from about 38 to 65 while experiencing this and my truck is always at normal operating temp of 188 degrees before I start to drive it hard.

13. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Temps here in KY have been the same, 35-70. Truck is always up to operating temp ~ 190-198. I do not have a copy of the previous update .24.

15. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I also have a 2013 that I deleted and tuned yesterday with the RaceMe Ultra. I am having these exact issues as well. My rail pressure rose to 28244 after releasing the throttle and took about 30 seconds to begin to return to normal at idle. Franz emailed me a new update to try but it still remains the same. Has to be a specific problem with the 2013.

17. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

It is weird how it's doing it to y'alls '13's but not mine idk what the issue is.

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast