Thanks Thanks:  118
Likes Likes:  207
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 falling on its face. Tune or fuel pressure relief valve?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Ok. Good thinking. I'm thinking it may not show anything though if the valve pops at the high pressure especially with no CEL triggered today but I'll give it a shot tomorrow. It did it on 30 hp tune as well so I'm wondering if it's something else like a weak fuel pump. Isn't there a data file now that can be read with the update of the Raceme?

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Ok. Good thinking. I'm thinking it may not show anything though if the valve pops at the high pressure especially with no CEL triggered today but I'll give it a shot tomorrow. It did it on 30 hp tune as well so I'm wondering if it's something else like a weak fuel pump. Isn't there a data file now that can be read with the update of the Raceme?
    I'm not sure what is read from the data file but I don't think its true data logging yet.

If your truck was actually starving for fuel, you would get a low rail pressure code for that. Your previous CEL still make me think there is problem with the relief valve but I can't say for certain. Since you said you were running the default 1850 rail pressure setting, I find it odd you hit 27500 psi... which is actually 1900 bar.

I've yet to see this with RaceME tuning, anything can happen. I mean I have seen tune files or even firmware get corrupted from simply getting moved from one computer to another... So it is possibility of a tune issue...by that meaning the tune is commanding more than 1900 bar, which can pop the relief valve.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I'll check today and see what the difference is between the desired and actual rail pressure. Then maybe I'll try the stock tune on the way home. Maybe I'll try downloading the new tune files again.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

So I drove the truck some more today and continued to have the issue. The fuel pressure from what I could tell never dropped. It did produce about 1000 more psi than called for when hammering on it. I still have not gotten the pressure relief valve code or any CEL since the other day. 26832 was the desired pressure while 27898 was the actual high.
    I have never had any issues with this 120 hp or any other tune until I did the recent update. I have reinstalled the tune and it continues to do this. Tomorrow I will try to download the tune to my sd card again and start over.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

So I drove the truck some more today and continued to have the issue. The fuel pressure from what I could tell never dropped. It did produce about 1000 more psi than called for when hammering on it. I still have not gotten the pressure relief valve code or any CEL since the other day. 26832 was the desired pressure while 27898 was the actual high.
    I have never had any issues with this 120 hp or any other tune until I did the recent update. I have reinstalled the tune and it continues to do this. Tomorrow I will try to download the tune to my sd card again and start over.
    This is very interesting... and I know aggravating to you. No worries. I think there is a solution coming soon.

For comparison and if you don't mind trying, try the 1900 bar rail setting.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

By solution, do you mean custom tuning? Ill try the 1900 like you suggest. I can't help thinking it's tune related not pressure valve but I haven't heard if anyone else having any issues w 120 hp tune and am sure I'm not the only one running it.

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

BTW to make sure we have covered the simplest things. Make sure you are not also loosing power from the traction control pulling fuel from any wheel spin...as this can cause similar symptoms.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

By solution, do you mean custom tuning? Ill try the 1900 like you suggest. I can't help thinking it's tune related not pressure valve but I haven't heard if anyone else having any issues w 120 hp tune and am sure I'm not the only one running it.
    Yes. With custom tuning and the coming data logging, we will be able trace stuff down like this and correct it much easier if it is tune related.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Time will tell! I don't see the custom tuning per se as a huge benefit personally aside from trouble shooting problems like this because for me, I'm running basically a stock truck with a 5 ich exhaust and deletes just like hundreds of other people so a canned tune will probably always fIll my needs. I don't plan on going any more radical than this.

12. Likes DRD liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Today I put in another SD card then returned to stock. Then I reprogrammed to 120hp with all defaults. Still lurches forward then almost shuts down. I then didn't an OTF and went to 1900 bar fuel pressure and it still does the same thing. I then programmed it to stock with deletes and can not replicate the issue. Sure is a different truck though with stock power...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast