Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rail Pressure: Issues W/ Tune Or Truck Itself?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Rail Pressure: Issues W/ Tune Or Truck Itself?

Since updating to .26 and trans tuning on the RaceMe Ultra I have noticed that in stop and go situations if I throttle hard (above 22k rail pressure) that once I let off the pedal the rail pressure sticks at 21-22k and the engine begins to clatter. After idling for a few seconds or pressing the throttle again it will subside and rail pressure will drop back to 4-5k. I was also able to recreate going down the highway at about 35MPH. Punched it, rail pressure rose to about 26.5k, let off pedal and then dropped to 22k and stayed there until I touched the throttle again. I first thought it had to do with the retarded timing, but not so sure anymore. Anyone else having these issues or does this sound like a engine, injector, fuel pump etc issue and is just a coincidence that it started after about 300 miles on update? Thanks ahead of time@double r diesel llc@ratlin'hp@franz@txnighttrain

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Interesting. I will see if my 12 does this...haven't noticed it yet it if does though.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Are the tags working? @IGOTACUMMINS.COM

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel LLC yep. 👏

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Likes DRD liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That was my bad on the tags... They all ran together which I believe disabled them

9. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@hugedogleg no worries friend. 🎅

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Just came back from a quick trip to town...My rail pressure ramps up quickly as you apply throttle, which is a good thing. Obviously the rail mapping is aggressive. However after romping on it a few times, I had no hanging up. I'd hit as much as 27500 psi and it would fall right back down when I lay off the throttle. Super smooth. Course mine is a 2012 and a 13up is a whole different animal to tune. FYI my rail pressure is set at 1900bar max.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I can recreate it, but it's hit or miss. Doesn't happen constantly. I just had it happen on way home and when highway speeds it doesn't clatter or seem to do anything. Just hangs at about 22k on monitor with no pedal. But at stop and go if it happens you get a clatter like a fuel knock from bad injector. I've read up quite a bit this morning or fuel system issues and nothing describes an issue like this. Maybe it's just a fluke. The truck is running outstanding. Only thing I've noticed different is a lot more black smoke than what I was getting on the .24 tune. The pic is blurry but I snapped one of it hanging earlier. This is after stomping it and immediately letting off at 35mph @Double R Diesel llc @Franz

EDIT: I have searched high and low, even the dark places of the world wide web haha and I can't find a single thing about what is happening. Everything is related to low fuel pressure. Only thing even similar was a gentleman having funky rail pressure readings and it was attributed to a faulty rail plug.

Attached Images Attached Images

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I believe I had this happen once also. After I got on it my truck was getting all kinds of rattle but it was on the 11-26 update not the 12-4 update I also was on quick spool thought that caused it so went back to mild hasn't happened since

16. Likes DRD liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I've had this happen on an early software version and on the latest one. I haven't monitored rail pressure once it starts rattling though, I'll keep an eye on that.

To me, when it does this it sounds like it used to when the engine would be in Regen, before those parts fell off of course!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast