Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can any1 help ?? having engine problems

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

A bad cam won't let the bridge fall out if the lash is right. Although that whole setup looks like and after thought. What's bothering me is the push rod is bent. It's possible the bridge falling out caused that by getting hung up somewhere. Or you have a valve jamming. Typically to bend a push rod, the rocker has to hit something pretty solid. Like a piston top. I wonder if you are getting some hydraulics?

When you said it lacked power. . . was it a huge amount of power? 10% less?

@ogbign

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

95 % power loss wudnt even get up to 45 , i fixed the valve problem by replacing some pushrods an setting the valves with feeler gauge, truck stopped the noise but no power, so i pulled sum wires off the injectors to see if it made a difference 3 injectors down, replaced them an got alot better but still lacking some power im thinkn fuel filter now i don't believe its ever been changed

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ogbign View Post
    95 % power loss wudnt even get up to 45 , i fixed the valve problem by replacing some pushrods an setting the valves with feeler gauge, truck stopped the noise but no power, so i pulled sum wires off the injectors to see if it made a difference 3 injectors down, replaced them an got alot better but still lacking some power im thinkn fuel filter now i don't believe its ever been changed
    Just so you know, we ask you support our sponsors. Our resident injector guy is @AccurateDiesel. His products are the highest quality and his prices are hard to beat. And the service!

I didn't see if you checked for some codes.

There's another thing you need to check too. Take the MAP sensor out and clean it. See if it's caked up with carbon. It could mean your intake is clogged with carbon from the EGR.

Remember: When changing injectors, WORK CLEAN

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Weeseven, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123