Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  17

Thread: Cummins To End Partnership With Ram, Could This Be True?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the FPT 6.7 has been in marine use here for quite some time. Have read good things about it. No first hand experience though.
    FPT 6.7L are being used in agricultural and forestry equipment. I've seen a FPT 6.7 next to a 6.7 Cummins. Almost completely identical. My understanding is that Fiat and Cummins engineers worked together in times in the past. I know the FPT 6.7 has been able to meet EPA tier 4 final standards for off road diesels with only SCR and a catalyst... No DPF or EGR. Really awesome considering Cummins, Caterpillar, and John Deere still are using a DPF,SCR, EGR to meet the same standards

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    FPT 6.7L are being used in agricultural and forestry equipment. I've seen a FPT 6.7 next to a 6.7 Cummins. Almost completely identical. My understanding is that Fiat and Cummins engineers worked together in times in the past. I know the FPT 6.7 has been able to meet EPA tier 4 final standards for off road diesels with only SCR and a catalyst... No DPF or EGR. Really awesome considering Cummins, Caterpillar, and John Deere still are using a DPF,SCR, EGR to meet the same standards

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    If they could find a way to meet the on-road standard with just SCR and Cat that would be a huge deal.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post