Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Fuel pressure drop when accelerating

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel pressure drop when accelerating

I have an AirDog 165 and my aftermarket fuel pressure gage idles around 24-26 psi. When i get on the throttle the pressure will slowly drop to 19 psi and thats the lowest itll go. Driving normal it doesn't fluctuate but maybe 1 or 2 psi. My fuel and fuel water seperators have been changed since ive noticed this. There isnt any change in performance wise and i haven't had any other issues. If anyone has any insight about this, id appreciate it.

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bkight14 View Post
    I have an AirDog 165 and my aftermarket fuel pressure gage idles around 24-26 psi. When i get on the throttle the pressure will slowly drop to 19 psi and thats the lowest itll go. Driving normal it doesn't fluctuate but maybe 1 or 2 psi. My fuel and fuel water seperators have been changed since ive noticed this. There isnt any change in performance wise and i haven't had any other issues. If anyone has any insight about this, id appreciate it.
    I know why. They are only capable of maintaining 20 PSI. When you are accelerating, you're using more fuel. 26 PSI is too high anyway. You're not supposed to be over 19

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

So 20 psi would be better to run it at?