Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smarty s06

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Smarty s06

Wondering your thoughts and what you're running with a stock tranny, currently running sw7. Trans holding strong but not getting on to it hard till its fully kicked down

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

When I bought my Smarty s06, I call and taked to the manufacture and was told it is not suggested to run it over sw5. You can screw up a stock trans. So I never did. Unless your willling to take a chance on a stock trans ... your choice. But if it does as they indicated, you'll have a stronger one if you invest more when the rebuild is done.

3. Likes Riley Dawes liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yeah saving for built tranny at the moment, I mean I have a whole different level to try LOL and the rail pressure and tqm and timing haha. Hard to wait. Thanks for the info, is your truck stock?

5. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    When I bought my Smarty s06, I call and taked to the manufacture and was told it is not suggested to run it over sw5. You can screw up a stock trans. So I never did. Unless your willling to take a chance on a stock trans ... your choice. But if it does as they indicated, you'll have a stronger one if you invest more when the rebuild is done.
    Depends on how you drive it.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes Riley Dawes liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Dawes View Post
    Yeah saving for built tranny at the moment, I mean I have a whole different level to try LOL and the rail pressure and tqm and timing haha. Hard to wait. Thanks for the info, is your truck stock?

Stock and plan on leaving it there. All kinds of petty things like oil bypass filters, coolant filter, steering box support and stuff like that, but the Big C is stock.

Polaraco is right, you can crank it up to max, but you shouldn't put your foot to the floor.
    Now, how many people will crank up the HP's and torque ... then drive like a 90 year old grandpa ?

9. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Riley Dawes liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Stock and plan on leaving it there. All kinds of petty things like oil bypass filters, coolant filter, steering box support and stuff like that, but the Big C is stock.

Polaraco is right, you can crank it up to max, but you shouldn't put your foot to the floor.
    Now, how many people will crank up the HP's and torque ... then drive like a 90 year old grandpa ?
    I drive like a 70 year old Grampa. Don't condemn me yet

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Polaraco, I will never condem you for driving like that, I also do the old man driving. But I do remember when I was in my teens and 20's, I believe in the old saying, "I have a need for speed !". There was a 10 year period that I had enough speeding tickets I could have wall papered my living room wall. Per todays standards, I should have lost my driver licenses at least 2 to 3 times. One Highway Patrolman new me by my first name without looking at my registration. I think it was when I took my first child home from being born that I couldn't go over the speed limit, and that made me start acting like an old man. Now, this is my retirement truck and I intend to wear it out from miles and age, that I drive it like a grandpa. (but I miss trying to tear off a windshield from hot rodding it like the old days)

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Polaraco, I will never condem you for driving like that, I also do the old man driving. But I do remember when I was in my teens and 20's, I believe in the old saying, "I have a need for speed !". There was a 10 year period that I had enough speeding tickets I could have wall papered my living room wall. Per todays standards, I should have lost my driver licenses at least 2 to 3 times. One Highway Patrolman new me by my first name without looking at my registration. I think it was when I took my first child home from being born that I couldn't go over the speed limit, and that made me start acting like an old man. Now, this is my retirement truck and I intend to wear it out from miles and age, that I drive it like a grandpa. (but I miss trying to tear off a windshield from hot rodding it like the old days)
    No I meant not to condemn me for being old and driving slow. LOL

I was there once. Used to run on a track to get most of that speed off my conscious. There was a time when I had a stack of speeding tickets too. I had a Hemi cuda back in 69. Only car in the county that outran Motorola. First ticket I ever beat

13. Likes Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    No I meant not to condemn me for being old and driving slow. LOL

I was there once. Used to run on a track to get most of that speed off my conscious. There was a time when I had a stack of speeding tickets too. I had a Hemi cuda back in 69. Only car in the county that outran Motorola. First ticket I ever beat
    HEMI Cuda... Mmmmmmm

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    HEMI Cuda... Mmmmmmm

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk
    Yeah man. Long story how I got the car. My father made me sell it. Wish I had it now. . . I could retire as a rich man

16. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast