Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinister diesel Cat fuel filter adaptor??

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've had mine on for the better part of 10 years. I have the stock in tank fuel pump that came with the truck. I still have the original fuel filter housing. The only differece I do is leave the orignal fuel filter out, and use the original fuel bowl as a water catcher and a last point of draining before the injector pump, plus it still has the water warning indicator that came with the truck. I change the two filters once per 20k in mileage and had never had an issue. The fuel pump still gives me the same line pressure as with the original filter only. I figure I get better filtration, it's easy to change the filters, with the water seperator / fuel filter being low as it is, it would catch water better and eaiser to drain. I wouldn't have it any other way.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I've had mine on for the better part of 10 years. I have the stock in tank fuel pump that came with the truck. I still have the original fuel filter housing. The only differece I do is leave the orignal fuel filter out, and use the original fuel bowl as a water catcher and a last point of draining before the injector pump, plus it still has the water warning indicator that came with the truck. I change the two filters once per 20k in mileage and had never had an issue. The fuel pump still gives me the same line pressure as with the original filter only. I figure I get better filtration, it's easy to change the filters, with the water seperator / fuel filter being low as it is, it would catch water better and eaiser to drain. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I probably would have left the original filter in place as an extr filter. Guess I'll install it after all thanks for the info

Membership Has Its Perks

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

3. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12