Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinister diesel Cat fuel filter adaptor??

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Sinister diesel Cat fuel filter adaptor??

Anyone in here using the sinister diesel cat fuel filter adaptor? I have an 06 Cummins and was wondering if it works good? I'm a technician for Cat and can get the filters cheap. Any thoughts on This product?

HAMMERHEAD

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've heard most of the Cat filters are very good. This one is a 1-14 thread filter rated at 2 micron. If you asking if someone has this system, I don't. But from what I see, it's a good unit if your looking at buying one. Sorry, I fogot to look at their cost when I looked them up at Sinisters site.

Even of you HomeDepot make the unit and use the Cat 1R-0750 filter, it should be good. (2 micron is good for the fuel system and the injectors) From what I see, if i could get them at a very good price like you say you can, I'd change from buying the Donaldson filters I do now and convert to them.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yea the filter will cost $11 at the cat store I work at. The whole unit from sinister is $170. I believe I can get it in ultra high efficiency as well not sure. Seems like a good switch to me.

HAMMERHEAD

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That's what I pay for my Donaldson, (plus a few pennies more) plus shipping. So it's a good choice. You can pay the Sinister bucks, or if your handy in the shop, you might make yours from filter heads from NAPA or such. Might find one in Cat that might wrk. The advantage of buying a unit is all the parts are there when you start. I bought mine from XX-Fuel, and very happy with it. But there out of business now.

Here's a picture of mine, with fuel and water separator. Tucked up there nice and neat plus out of the way.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Maybe one of the sites sponsors has something the might fit your needs and budget.
    Anyone ?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

That looks to be a nice setup! Hopefully maybe a vendor will speak up and say if they sell something like this. Appreciate it AnOldBiker🏼 like you said if all else fails I can make one at work we have a scrap yard of stuff like that laying around.

HAMMERHEAD

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@Diesel Dawgs Performance?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'll check them out!

HAMMERHEAD

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    That's what I pay for my Donaldson, (plus a few pennies more) plus shipping. So it's a good choice. You can pay the Sinister bucks, or if your handy in the shop, you might make yours from filter heads from NAPA or such. Might find one in Cat that might wrk. The advantage of buying a unit is all the parts are there when you start. I bought mine from XX-Fuel, and very happy with it. But there out of business now.

Here's a picture of mine, with fuel and water separator. Tucked up there nice and neat plus out of the way.
    I purchased a kit awhile ago(over 1year ago) http://www.dieselfuelfilterkits.com/index.html I haven't installed it for a couple of reasons one; i'm not really sure if by adding this I'll need to delete the factory fuel filter. Two will it make the fuel pump work harder thus having to change that also (neither of which I want to do at this time)

so far as this kits are concerned you should find them cheaper from one of our vendors

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Okay thanks for the information.

HAMMERHEAD

11. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast