Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  71
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a little more input and ideas!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Need a little more input and ideas!

So I have compiled a list of things that I want to do to my 2013, I would like some of your guys input. The list is not in order of precedence. What recommendations for the FASS fuel pump?

FS 2500 Oil Filtration System
    FASS Fuel System
    BBi Stage 1.5 Injectors
    BMP Turbo Upgrade
    Twin CP3 Kit
    ARP Head Studs
    GDP Intake Manifold
    GDP Grid Heater Relocate
    GDP Grid Heater Delete Kit
    GDP Water/Methanol Injection

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Recommend Fass titanium 150gph.should keep up with your demand. Also recommend you add traction bars, fire punk trans/ or southbend clutch depending on stick or auto, wait on the water/meth kit until towards the end, you might find its not needed depending on your end goal. Idea of what size turbo? Also I'd add at gen 2 style exhaust manifold to the list too, they flow the best it seems.

Sent from a Well Head

4. Thanks beans20 thanked for this post
    Likes beans20 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkarrd RRD View Post
    Recommend Fass titanium 150gph.should keep up with your demand. Also recommend you add traction bars, fire punk trans/ or southbend clutch depending on stick or auto, wait on the water/meth kit until towards the end, you might find its not needed depending on your end goal. Idea of what size turbo? Also I'd add at gen 2 style exhaust manifold to the list too, they flow the best it seems.

Sent from a Well Head
    Yeah the water/meth kit is dead last on my list of things to do. The first two is the ARP 625's and the injectors. But once I get the injectors I'm not going to install them until I get the CP3 kit and FASS pump. Yes the turbo upgrade kit comes with the 2nd gen manifold. I did a pretty good amount of forum searching before I made this list. Because I don't want to do a half job, I want it to be right the first time. I do appreciate this input every little bit is extremely valuable to me.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkarrd RRD View Post

Sent from a Well Head
    I have the 68RFE I looked at fire punk all I've seen he had on the site was for 47/48. Do you know of any other reliable builder, or mods that would work best?

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    I have the 68RFE I looked at fire punk all I've seen he had on the site was for 47/48. Do you know of any other reliable builder, or mods that would work best?
    Fire punk builds awesome 47/48s for sure, but yes they don't do 68s.

Revmax, Suncoast, and ATS build 68s. There are other places that build 68s but these are the big names in the US. All 3 have their pro's and con's as far as build, cost, and customer service. A built 68 is terribly expensive but they can be built to hold upwards of 1000 HP. I guess I'm partial to Revmax since they are here in NC.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Thanks beans20 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post

Revmax, Suncoast, and ATS build 68s. There are other places that build 68s but these are the big names in the US. All 3 have their pro's and con's as far as build, cost, and customer service. A built 68 is terribly expensive but they can be built to hold upwards of 1000 HP. I guess I'm partial to Revmax since they are here in NC.

Whoever you recommend most I'll go with. I trust your knowledge and level of experience.

10. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Whoever you recommend most I'll go with. I trust your knowledge and level of experience.
    Sounds like a plan. Maybe when you decide to buy, we can talk with Frank@revmax and pioneer some Revmax approve RaceME custom trans tuning.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Likes beans20 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's what I'd recommend LOL. I'm rather new to autos. Just got my first ever automatic this last April. I can highly recommend staying away from ATS. I'm not far from their shop which would make you think there would be purple everywhere, but the bulk of us around here refer to them as the "Purple Problem"

Sent from a Well Head

14. Likes DRD liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post

Firepunk Diesel does indeed build the 68RFE but the truck must be in house due to the finicky nature of that transmission. With that being said if your maximum HP goal is 700-800rwhp then you should be alright. Exceeding that with a 68RFE and it'll be out of the truck more than in it, I don't care who does the build and what parts you use. Do some research, all of the high HP guys that I know of who tried running a built 68 have eventually switched to a 47/48 for the plain and simple fact that they won't hold big power reliably like the 47/48 will.
    Suncoast and RexMax also build some great transmissions, stay away from that third company mentioned. Good luck!

16. Thanks beans20 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, beans20 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Purn1973 View Post
    Firepunk Diesel does indeed build the 68RFE but the truck must be in house due to the finicky nature of that transmission. With that being said if your maximum HP goal is 700-800rwhp then you should be alright. Exceeding that with a 68RFE and it'll be out of the truck more than in it, I don't care who does the build and what parts you use. Do some research, all of the high HP guys that I know of who tried running a built 68 have eventually switched to a 47/48 for the plain and simple fact that they won't hold big power reliably like the 47/48 will.
    Suncoast and RexMax also build some great transmissions, stay away from that third company mentioned. Good luck!
    Thanks man. I didn't know they build a 68 but it certainly makes sense to do it in house for their reputation...which they have a dang good one.

If Frank was a member of this forum, I can only imagine he would argue his signature 1000 series would hold some big numbers...but again you are very correct on the 47/48 being a better choice for big power. LOL, when you are talking the torque of a big build, 6 gears are a waist anyways.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

18. Likes beans20 liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast