Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeromotive fuel pumps

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Aeromotive fuel pumps

As im in my quest to find a quiality reliable fuel pump to build my own fuel system, ive gathered quite a bit of the parts already, I have a racor water/fuel seperator and a CAT filter head with half a dozen 2 micron filters and all 1/2" fuel line and fittings, I just have to get a sump for my tank, and find a quality pump , ive stumbled across the aeromotive pumps more in particular the A1000 pump , ive read both sides the pros and cons, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this brand, I was gonna use it in conjunction with a bypass regulator

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

let me research it ,never heard of it

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

From what ive read its pretty much split down the middle of people have really great experience to people just bad mouthing them, but I wonder how the people have their fuel system plumbed, cause I know thats a big part of thany fuel pumps survival and longevity

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

i was actually thinkin ,,next time i do a fuel pump im gonna go with the bd maxflow,,and a water seperator and the fuel filter ,,built myself,,,bd will give me a super deal on it cause im in canada and i'll evan go get it....

but i will be looking at this one yur sayin

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Im open to any suggestion on a reliable fuel pump, I was looking at that one cause ive seen it pop up every now and then, they put em in boats so I figure they gotta be reliable

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

well ya never no man ,,,

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

i run an a1000 on my truck. not one problem with it ever. flows more than enough for what i need

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crzybil View Post
    As im in my quest to find a quiality reliable fuel pump to build my own fuel system, ive gathered quite a bit of the parts already, I have a racor water/fuel seperator and a CAT filter head with half a dozen 2 micron filters and all 1/2" fuel line and fittings, I just have to get a sump for my tank, and find a quality pump , ive stumbled across the aeromotive pumps more in particular the A1000 pump , ive read both sides the pros and cons, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this brand, I was gonna use it in conjunction with a bypass regulator
    There are a few competition trucks on CompD running them. You just have to know what you're doing when you set up your fuel system

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I can price you a Fass, Raptor, or an Airdog if you are interested

10. Top Of Page | #10
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

There is one issue with the a1000 or any aeromotive pumps, the seals were not designed for diesel applications however some survive some do not i believe after doing the research it's a 50/50 gamble for you, good luck on your system

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast