Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dash gauge cluster issue?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Dash gauge cluster issue?

06 Cummins. my gear selector on dash when I put it in R N or D the square doesn't say what gear I'm in. I noticed the issue when I was driving down highway and it said I was in reverse! It will show the right gear sometimes and sometimes it won't. There are times when I'm in drive and if I barely touch the shifter I've been told by a friend traveling behind me that my reverse lights come on. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this just a gauge cluster going bad? I'm really not sure where to start. In my mind it tells me my dash cluster is going bad. Other the other hand my fabulous "bulletproof" stock 48re is slowly taking a crap cause I've added power to engine. Nobody else has that issue right?!!! Haha So could this be related to transmission taking a crap soon or just dash cluster? FYI I am either rebuilding and beefing up so to say transmission very soon or buying a fire punk ! But that another topic in a classification of it own. Thoughts please??? Go...

HAMMERHEAD

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

could be just the sending unit on the trans. ifr all the letters are lighting up, then it's not the cluster. Although 06 clusters are problematic.

@Cascade Transmission Parts
    has them. easy change. He's a vendor

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Ok good deal. Ill check it out. Thanks Palaraco🏻

HAMMERHEAD

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--