Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  24
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New to this site and to Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Did everybody have a great Christmas? Ok so today I drove my truck to work it ran like crap hadn't started it sense I towed my trailer. A few week anyways got to the shop around 11am here it is almost 2pm and I have the head off and only thing odd I can see is more carbon buildup on #1 cyl than the rest of the othersAttachment 2890Attachment 2891Attachment 2892Attachment 2893. Last 3 pics as fallows cyl 65 43 21

Oh **** roll #1 to BDC and %#@&$%#@¥€>¥. Ya that's about what I said anyways here is the carnage Attachment 2894 Attachment 2895

First pic looking to rear 2nd pic looking towards radiator And you can't see in the pic it actually has a 1mm deep ridge at top of cylinder on the intake side. FMT. I can't AFORD to rebuild it right now I'm thinking just gone the day lights out of it and put a good used piston with new rings and put it back together for now....... Question I found a 6.7 bottom end in good shape what's the possibility of putting this bottom in with all my parts head and all ? Pros ? Cons? Requirements? Any help is almost a need now Thanks guys

Sent by me

2. Top Of Page | #72

User Info Menu

New to this site and to Cummins

Will a 12v block work? Probably not huh I have one sitting here that I replaced from a customers tow truck only needed a head gasket

Or any other block work?

Sent by me

3. Top Of Page | #73
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Welome and I'd like to Subscribe, looks like I'll learn a lot.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #74

User Info Menu

Attachment 2896.

Dang ringland broke off oil ring completely gone 2nd ring shattered to bits 1st ring 1/2" end gap when I pushed the piston out of the block I slipped off the rod and the piston rod Assy just fell right back down almost got the crank but got my finger instead ouch clean up and I have a used piston I'm putting back in for now I hope it's at least a little better

Sent by me

6. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

Ouch....

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

7. Top Of Page | #76

User Info Menu

Ya ouch it's back together but got to late to finish . Gonna button it up in the am . And see how bad or we'll knock on wood better it might be . Time for me to start saving my pennies it's gonna take a few

Sent from my crib

8. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    Ya ouch it's back together but got to late to finish . Gonna button it up in the am . And see how bad or we'll knock on wood better it might be . Time for me to start saving my pennies it's gonna take a few

Sent from my crib
    Fingers crossed for you bud

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

Ok finished up the truck today around lunch time and to my surprise no smoke coming from the draft tube. Still sounds the same out the tailpipe . I am amazed I figured it would smoke like hell with as deep as the scratches and gouges were hell I even took emery paper to the cylinder wall because when I tried to hone the cylinder the home got beat to crap and kept getting fought in the deep scratches. Oh well no smoke in happy now time to save as much as I can want to rebuild it before it's completely junk. Minimal driving is my plan the less miles the better. If there is any different motor options I could run someone let me know I heard that the 5.9 HO is on the top of the list for mechanical failures.

Sent by me

11. Top Of Page | #79
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Great! Sometimes it is amazing what will run! When you really think about it, it is amazing that engines run at all.....

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #80

User Info Menu

What could have caused this ? Bad injector? Or previously truck had a tuner and somebody tried towing at maximum setting? And the turbo compressor housing isn't normally a dark orange/ brown color is it? Thought they were just kind of yellow from the coating that Cummins puts on all motors. Just wanting to be sure it doesn't happen again

Sent by me

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast