Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surface rust or more?

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Sounds like a good truck once you get the little bit of work done
    That's what I was thinking! The linkage is a common issue I've read, and only like $35 to replace off amazon. Paint is going to cost whatever I decide to do it. I'd let line-x do the whole truck but I'm sure the price would be crazy

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I love the look of a bedlined truck They just scream "beat the hell out of me, I can take it!!" LOL!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I love the look of a bedlined truck They just scream "beat the hell out of me, I can take it!!" LOL!!
    Haha that's true! I just don't want to raptor line it myself and have it fall off 2 years down the road ya know?

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

But those guys on YouTube make it look so easy LOL

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Haha you're right, I don't think anything can't be done in my garage! I'm sure raptor liner will hold up just fine if not abused

6. Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morticianman1990 View Post
    Anyone have input on how to fix this? I'm going to check out this truck tomorrow
    Properly prepped and treated. it's not a problem. Any decent body shop can do it properly and have it last

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Properly prepped and treated. it's not a problem. Any decent body shop can do it properly and have it last
    Okay so I should take it to a body shop instead of attempting to fix it myself you're saying?

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morticianman1990 View Post
    Okay so I should take it to a body shop instead of attempting to fix it myself you're saying?
    Well yeah. I guess. If you know what to do and have the proper tools that's one thing. I have all that stuff and the knowledge. You want it to look good and last right?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Well yeah. I guess. If you know what to do and have the proper tools that's one thing. I have all that stuff and the knowledge. You want it to look good and last right?
    I want it to last over all, it it doesn't look perfect it's not an issue for now

11. Likes Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I ended up getting the truck, I'm picking her up tomorrow, she's solid underneath and the surface rust isn't bad. She wanders and leaks a little oil but that gives me something to do in my spare time

13. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast