Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Alpine 8.4AN dash speaker and OEM subwoofer upgrade- '15 2500 CC

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Alpine 8.4AN dash speaker and OEM subwoofer upgrade- '15 2500 CC

I have a '15 2500 CC with the 8.4AN Alpine premium sound system. Since I have been in the audio industry for over 35+ years, i know what to listen for and I felt the dash speakers were muddy sounding and the bass was tubby and not very tight sounding. Thus, I did lots and lots of research trying to find a smooth balance of sound. I also wanted to keep the dash speakers at the same efficiency as the OEM speakers so they would balance out with the remaining OEM speakers. So here is what I upgraded to:

Dash speakers: I installed Infinity Reference X REF-3002cfx. They were a direct drop in / plug and play install using Metra 71-039C adaptors. They are much more detailed sounding and have more "sparkle" than the OEM speakers. Makes for a nice image.

Subwoofer: It was tough to find an 8" dual 2 ohm subwoofer with a shallow enough mounting depth for the factory under rear seat enclosure. The Pioneer TS-SW2002D2 fits perfect - even the holes line up. Make sure you use the gasket that comes with the woofer. Also, PROPERLY plug the hole in the bottom of the enclosure where the screw that went into the back of the factory woofer. (You'll see what I mean when you take it apart) It is 100% plug and play using a Metra 72-6514 adapter.
    Definitely a cleaner tighter, more accurate bass. It "may" be a tad louder but it is much less muddy and you really 'feel' it when it hits.

The system sounds pretty good with these upgrades. I am pleased with it. Hope this info helps some of you.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, olyeller40, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Those Infinity dash speakers are a great upgrade for the 4th gen trucks. I have the previous version in my truck and they made a huge difference of the stock 'premium' speakers.

Greg
    2012 CCSB CTD 2500 | XRT PRO w/MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tip.. Are the dash speakers the same for the 2010?

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tadcoll View Post
    Thanks for the tip.. Are the dash speakers the same for the 2010?
    Yes, dash speakers are the same size in all the 4th gen trucks. As I understand it, some trims may not have the center dash speaker.

Greg
    2012 CCSB CTD 2500 | XRT PRO w/MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Awesome. Thanks..

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Any body have an extra Infinity Reference X REF-3002cfx? I need one for the 3rd dash speaker.

2015 3500 Mega DRW Aisan Deep Cherry Red