Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Make your own fuel heater for Fass and Air Dope

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Make your own fuel heater for Fass and Air Dope

Pictures tell the story. Except my Grand son wanted to drill the holes on the drill press. I let him calculate it, but he bored for a 1/2 pipe.

It works pretty good, except I think it needs a 2nd element. I can do that pretty easy in the truck. But it does get warm. I just feel it's not warm enough in real cold weather.

You can use glow plugs from a VW Rabbit diesel

100_1096.jpg

100_1097.jpg

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks Power247, Weeseven thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@Polaraco looks great can't wait till my son starts helping me! Btw unrelated is the juice worth the squeeze on your flexalite cooling fans?

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24vVP44DragTruck View Post
    @Polaraco looks great can't wait till my son starts helping me! Btw unrelated is the juice worth the squeeze on your flexalite cooling fans?
    On the fans. I have to say yes. they don't come on unless the AC is running or if you do a bunch of slow lugginh up hills and so on. They never turn on while you are moving, even at 10 MPH. Can't say I gained much MPG though. . . . But nothing seems to want to work on this truck for that

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I just want more power LOL

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24vVP44DragTruck View Post
    I just want more power LOL
    You'll only realize it at takeoff. Otherwise there is a slight improvement. very slight. But it's there

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@SteveRobertson