Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P Pumpng my 24v

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24VPPumpDragTruck View Post
    My turbo drain line didn't fit missed by about 3/4 of a inch and was not at the correct angle. Inter cooler piping was way to long chop 3in out and welded it back together. The oil feed line from stick turbo will fit but is not the correct hose size for the s400 you need the next size up
    Stock feed line is big enough in diameter, and you can get fittings to adapt it to the S400, which I believe is 1/4" NPT?

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Whatever floats your boat man I'm going off what Fleece said and they stated that the turbo feed line doesn't move enough volume for a s400 chassis so I listened

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

4. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24VPPumpDragTruck View Post
    Whatever floats your boat man I'm going off what Fleece said and they stated that the turbo feed line doesn't move enough volume for a s400 chassis so I listened
    Without drilling and tapping the filterhead for a correspondingly larger fitting, I fail to see how just using a larger line would help

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Look at the stock turbo line and you will see a restive fitting inside of the hose ends what I purchased from fleece has a less restrictive fitting allowing for more oil from the oil filter housing I will post a picture of what I am talking about

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

7. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

just wanting to sell you parts. oil fittings are restricted for a reason and its not to promote volume.

9. Thanks chrisd91 thanked for this post
    Likes chrisd91 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Well folks made some serious head way I'll post pics soon. I got her fired up and she was running man I was thrilled. Another update the truck will be racing in the NHRDA 10.90 index this year. And a new goal of 1000rwhp on fuel as well as changing to a s480 and 350hp nitrous spray ��

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Ok guys here is the progess:

IMG_0457.jpgtear down
    IMG_0475 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0483 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0489 - Copy.jpgso glad that garbage is off
    IMG_0498 - Copy.jpgkeeping stuff organized
    IMG_0500 - Copy.jpgnew injectors thanks again @AccurateDiesel

IMG_0776.jpgold cam is out
    IMG_0778.jpgthe old doll rod trick just 1/2 dowels cross cut and beveled about 13in long and pound into tappet

IMG_0784.jpglittle comparison of CR tappets and stock 24v. the common rails are the bigger ones on the left.
    IMG_0786.jpgmy tappet tray 2in EMT sliced in half cleaned a covered in assembly lubs approx 39in long
    IMG_0796.jpg1 3/4 plastic pipe to hold the new tappets while Hamilton Cams exchanged my damaged cam for a new one. Ryan at Hamilton is awesome.

IMG_0871.jpgnew cam installed with the Hamilton Gear retainer
    IMG_0878.jpgCPP's billet tappet cover with built in breathers. Very slick and looks good too bad it gets covered up
    IMG_0879.jpgnew ECM location driver's side frame rail used angle steel welded to fram with 1/2in thick rubber washers for vibration dampening, not going to lie so much easier to hook up in this location then trying to slide it back. Plus it stays cooler.
    IMG_0883.jpgCPP's Maxed out 12mm Pump bench flowed at 675ccs and sent to Scheid Diesel and they came up with 676ccs. Rack plug mod, Full Cuts, 5k gov springs. And the Crazy Carls APPS relocation kit.
    IMG_0885.jpgAdjustable Pump Gear timing set at 17 degrees for now should be racing around 29 to 30 degrees
    IMG_0894.jpgNew Crankshaft Seal with Sleeve
    IMG_0904.jpgCPP's Billet Cover with the cut out for adjusting timing and another crank case breather
    IMG_0925.jpgPassenger side all cleaned up finally

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AP_Tech_2012, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Right now working on the dual trans cooler mount, the trans cooler plumbing, new torque converter with a 2500rpm stall, lowering the truck 2in, Nitrious Xpress install, wiring, new turbo, Attitude Adjuster install, and pretty much everything else LOL.

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Switched up from the attiitude adjuster, to AFC Live from Power Driven Diesel excited to work with Todd on testing his new AFC Race edition. Also waiting on parts Fluid Dampner and pin kit so i can start bolting the front end back on!

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

17. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Still fighting to find the right timing setting if anyone has any advice right now im set at 21 degrees but still really hazy

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast