1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

hopefully parts show up tomorrow

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

2. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Well got my s467 today and htt stainless manifold. Just ordered the correct elbow for the charge outlet since my stocker fits inside of the charger. Looks nice though for the moment. Pump showed up and it's rated at 600cc!!!! So pumped just waiting on my billet cover adjustable pump gear and billet tappet cover.

image.jpg
    Just a nice comparison of the stock manifold vs the high tech turbo t4

image.jpg
    Still can't get over how nice this thing looks can't wait to put it on and just stare at it 3in outlet on the charge air.

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS, Weeseven liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Well got everything mounted ordered some more parts for the turbo drain but right now what I have will work until I get the swap done. So my truck has. Sovp44 right now smarty set to 5 125hp sticks. My experience with the s467 is as follows. It's big expected a ton of lag. My stocker spooled around 1500rpm and made 38psi with this set up. The s467 spools around 1750 with the manifold making a peak boost of 33psi which I expected it to be low I have much more fuel to add but damn when it lights she gone amazing power curve and it just keeps pulling. Egts with my stock one would bury themselves past 1600 the s467 starts higher then goes down once it lights then max egts I saw on WOT were 1250 degrees. I completely understand that my HP isn't were it should be for it until I do the p pump swap but over all even with a vp truck at about 350hp it still is very nice and sounds good as well. Now all that being said the headaches of fitting a S400 in my truck were numerous. As you can see in my picture below I had to butcher my drain line. Order a new oil supply line. I had to get a different elbow for the charge air out and modify my intercooler piping to get it to fit and when you are dealing with boost boots and the shitty location I was ready to set the truck on fire. Last hurdle was my intake piping as of right now I have a temporary solution but in the near future I will be relocating my 2nd battery and running a 3rd gen air intake system. I also need to re run my heater core line to out of the way. All that being said I am thrilled that it went together and with all the special stuff I had to get I'm happy with the end result

image.jpg
    image.jpg

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

6. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Good to see it coming along man!

Greg
    2012 CCSB CTD 2500 | XRT PRO w/MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24vVP44DragTruck View Post
    Hey guys and gals starting my build on my p pump 24v and since I couldn't find one on here I am going to start one.
    This will be a long project FYI I work full time and have children so sorry if this takes awhile and sorry if I suck at writing this.

Goal Weekend Warrior/ Street Killer 850hp on fuel only

Well first I started getting advice Jaime at Cummins Performance Parts was EXTREMELY helpful in selecting the correct pump for my application and some other parts.
    I bought:
    12mm P Pump with Hot Street delivery valves 4k Governor springs tightened to 4200rpms. Pump has Rack plug to allow full travel. To be able to street drive it I also bought the Attitude Adjuster with the number 5 profile according to the company I SHOULD be able to go from 450ish hp up to the max. This pump was bench flowed at 525cc allowing 1000hp MAX not saying that it will do that just that is what it can potentially do.
    For a turbo I went HTT s467 with a .90 A/R housing HX40 downpipe, and a HTT stainless steel with a T4 manifold.
    XDP had a killer sale on a BD intercooler which I scored for 807.00 dollars shipped to my door.
    Since I have to pull the front cover off for this I'm also changing the Cam and the Tappets, and my water pump.
    I went with a Hamilton 188 220 and double checked my piston protrusion ensuring I could clear the Bigger Cam. I bought the water pump from Cummins through my work discount. For the tapppets i upgraded to the larger surface area CR tappets.
    Since I already did headstuds valve springs and push rods I will be reusing them they have less than 10k miles so practically brand new.
    While I'm in there I will be putting billet freeze plugs in as well which I got from Farm Boy's Diesel for like 60 bucks.
    Lift pump wise i scored a used 12v 220gph FASS pump off a craigslist deal for 500.00 man that was a great deal, never even been installed
    I am also going to attempt to remote the ECM into a more desirable spot instead of fighting the new pump for clearance, I also will change the tappet cover to allow for a crankcase breather since I will loose mine with the new pump.
    For a conversion kit I also got it from CPP and got the one with a tunnel ram, .093 mild steel lines, and apps relocation kit since i just replaced my apps sensor .

As it sits right now I'm waiting on the rest of the parts to show up but i will post pics of tear down as I do it, with some steps so hopefully I can help someone out.
    Hope Jamie gave you a free t-shirt for that order. Ouch that's a big bill

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

@chrisd91 well got 20% off so I was happy. No t shirt though may have to call him

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

10. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24vVP44DragTruck View Post
    @chrisd91 well got 20% off so I was happy. No t shirt though may have to call him
    See if you can get one more in XL, he was supposed to send me one when I bought used p pump lines off of him, but I never got it LOL

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Looking good! Its going to be a monster set up with the twins and P-Pump!

12. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24VPPumpDragTruck View Post
    Now all that being said the headaches of fitting a S400 in my truck were numerous. As you can see in my picture below I had to butcher my drain line. Order a new oil supply line. I had to get a different elbow for the charge air out and modify my intercooler piping to get it to fit and when you are dealing with boost boots and the shitty location I was ready to set the truck on fire.
    funny, my stock oil line and drain worked on all 3 of the s400s i have run. no need for anything custom. lengthening the cold pipe and using the s400 elbow works best. long enough the cold pipe sits in the intercooler.

13. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

My turbo drain line didn't fit missed by about 3/4 of a inch and was not at the correct angle. Inter cooler piping was way to long chop 3in out and welded it back together. The oil feed line from stick turbo will fit but is not the correct hose size for the s400 you need the next size up

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast