Thanks Thanks:  503
Likes Likes:  1,129
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Why We Don't Do Business On The Cummins Forum!

1. Top Of Page | #181

User Info Menu

Why We Don't Do Business On The Cummins Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    I'm going to read the thread, but just encase no one asked yet. Can you get better MPG 20± without black smoke. I'd like tuning but to help with mpg and even towing a few times a year. I was thinking on a v2 from EFI Live just encase I want to add new tunes later
    Yes you can. And you can stretch oil changes too.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #182

User Info Menu

Ok guy's I do run EFI through PPEI. But I am all for tuning options. A fellow member ask me who was offering tuning through race me. I gave them a link to Double R Diesel and told them I had heard god things about their tuning. Guess what the next day my post was removed. I do not agree with this. I love all forms of tuning.

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #183

User Info Menu

That is a very narrow minded approach to running a forum. They are cheating themselves, and all their members, from a great tuning platform. Plus they're losing members every day... idiots.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DanO, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #184

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CTD View Post
    Ok guy's I do run EFI through PPEI. But I am all for tuning options. A fellow member ask me who was offering tuning through race me. I gave them a link to Double R Diesel and told them I had heard god things about their tuning. Guess what the next day my post was removed. I do not agree with this. I love all forms of tuning.
    That's truly sad what's going on over there. 😔

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Top Of Page | #185

User Info Menu

they deleted one of my posts in the same thread CTD is talking about just for mentioning Double R, that place is a joke

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Dale's Super Store thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Dale's Super Store liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #186

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Yes you can. And you can stretch oil changes too.

Sent from phone

So how can I compare apples to apples for who to buy tunes from? I'm not sure if I have ever bought anything by word of mouth only.

Double R,
    Can you make me some mpg and towing only tunes on a V2 for a 2012. Longevity, lower EGTs, no soot recirculation, and MPG are my goals. After buying this new to me truck with only 16k miles that sat for 2 years crusting up the carbon, I now have a new turbo, cooler valve, and a few other things. The warranty ended just after it got out of the shop. I have been over seas for the past 3 weeks, but I'm going to buy a tuner and you seemed safe.

To prevent more soot recirc issues, I was going to delete my EGR, cooler, Nox/DPF, but keep the cat for noise reduction since the muffler is reported to just be a straight through shot that only helps a little after 3k rpm. Will the cat still require some post ignition to keep it clean thus leading to higher EGTs and worse mpg? I really don't want a neighborhood noise maker for a truck' esp when I leave for work at 4am. I worry about tunes from those who advertise racing tunes and adding 100hp for a stock truck w just the basic deletes above. Many do not have tunes for the the 2012 since the '10-'11 have less sensors and '13 is a newer style.

Thank you form your time everyone,

Stew

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #187

User Info Menu

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Top Of Page | #188

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    Sent from phone

So how can I compare apples to apples for who to buy tunes from? I'm not sure if I have ever bought anything by word of mouth only.

Double R,
    Can you make me some mpg and towing only tunes on a V2 for a 2012. Longevity, lower EGTs, no soot recirculation, and MPG are my goals. After buying this new to me truck with only 16k miles that sat for 2 years crusting up the carbon, I now have a new turbo, cooler valve, and a few other things. The warranty ended just after it got out of the shop. I have been over seas for the past 3 weeks, but I'm going to buy a tuner and you seemed safe.

To prevent more soot recirc issues, I was going to delete my EGR, cooler, Nox/DPF, but keep the cat for noise reduction since the muffler is reported to just be a straight through shot that only helps a little after 3k rpm. Will the cat still require some post ignition to keep it clean thus leading to higher EGTs and worse mpg? I really don't want a neighborhood noise maker for a truck' esp when I leave for work at 4am. I worry about tunes from those who advertise racing tunes and adding 100hp for a stock truck w just the basic deletes above. Many do not have tunes for the the 2012 since the '10-'11 have less sensors and '13 is a newer style.

Thank you form your time everyone,

Stew
    @Stewbuntu. I can tell you first hand that Ray can easily meet and exceed your needs and expectations. I deleted the DPF on my '12 at 5500 miles. I ran a combination of SIMs and RaceME box tunes until about 20,000 miles when I met Ray. I am @ 55,000 miles now and my truck ha never ran better. I still have the SIMs installed which allows me to run code free without a tuner when I take it to the dealership for service. Again, the difference is amazing.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #189

User Info Menu

This is why I am here. To much drama at the other place. I will also add that I had a tune from a different individual that was widely recommended from that forum. Purchased the tune, but took a while to get around to installing it (was on the road for a while and stuff at home when I was there), regardless. Had issues with the tune, contacted the "tuner" and was pretty much told it was not their issue. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, either way ZERO customer support.

Contacted Ray this am and will be working with him in the near future (once he gets a chance with all the weather up his way).

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DanO, Noneck, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #190

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked View Post
    This is why I am here. To much drama at the other place. I will also add that I had a tune from a different individual that was widely recommended from that forum. Purchased the tune, but took a while to get around to installing it (was on the road for a while and stuff at home when I was there), regardless. Had issues with the tune, contacted the "tuner" and was pretty much told it was not their issue. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, either way ZERO customer support.

Contacted Ray this am and will be working with him in the near future (once he gets a chance with all the weather up his way).
    Yeah. . .He's pretty much ocean front right about now. @Double R Diesel

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast