Thanks Thanks:  503
Likes Likes:  1,129
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why We Don't Do Business On The Cummins Forum!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Why We Don't Do Business On The Cummins Forum!

It's sad really.... some fool sees a couple videos on you tube or facebook with your name on them and all a sudden he thinks he knows you and what you are all about. Those of us that have met you know so much better. Maybe I should make a video of my truck making good clean power and shifting like it should've from the factory.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    It's sad really.... some fool sees a couple videos on you tube or facebook with your name on them and all a sudden he thinks he knows you and what you are all about. Those of us that have met you know so much better. Maybe I should make a video of my truck making good clean power and shifting like it should've from the factory.
    Post it on the dark side. LOL Then you'll be doomed for life

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Respectfully, I'm not a fan of either and any '03 and newer Cummins powered street truck that lopes and/or smokes is cringe worthy at best. With that being said there is nothing like hearing a healthy fuel lope on a full competition, mechanical injection puller or drag truck. These off-road, competition trucks are the only exception to the rule. Clean power is where it's at now on the street, and although you're not writing smoke tunes for "teenagers that would be public nuisance in an area not conducive for such tunes" I would argue that there is NO place conducive for a smoke tune. If you can make clean power why have a truck that smokes like a freight train and makes the owner look like an a$$?

Remember, it only takes one clown with a Double R Diesel sticker on their truck to smoke out the wrong person at an intersection and the EPA will be at your doorstep the next day. Writing such tunes could be shop suicide IMO. If a customer wants their truck to be a smoky turd, I'd just send them somewhere else, why risk it?

Just my opinion, best of luck to you sir.

5. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, K-Sons liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Been there and done that too with Cummins Forum.

Luke
    www.dieseldawgs.com
    lukesdiesel@yahoo.com

7. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Here's the thing that still bugs me...

I know for a fact that there are other tuners out there that take away the air/fuel algorithms out of the tune to give a better throttle response and turbo spool up. We all know this can lead to a nice black cloud of smoke. When these other shops name and proclaim they only write clean tunes, they are being hypocritical.

I don't want big brother breathing down my neck not does any other custom tuner, but the reality is that once a trucks calibration is taken away from OEM, it isn't exactly legal...smoke or no smoke.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Matt C Moore liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

That forum is the prime example why I joined this one. I've been on several different forums for other different types of vehicle and they are the same as that one. As soon as you ask what to them is a simple question, they immediately call you an idiot and jab and laugh and then steal your thread to talk about other people who are idiots and so on and so forth however, I guess they were just born with the knowledge and know how to do anything and everything without asking questions. But this community is so much better as far as that goes, I know I ask a lot of simple questions (sometimes probably dumb) but no one bashes that and even though I know people hate to, people here will answer a question twice in the same thread. By far this is the best forum I've been apart of I appreciate what everyone does here, the level of knowledge and professionalism is second to none. That's why I'm considering doing the lifetime platinum membership (just have to convince the boss lady of the benefits). Thanks for what you guys do.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, K-Sons thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, K-Sons liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

That price on Amsoil we gave you today would be a lot less. 😁

Thanks for the kind words. It does mean a lot to us here.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

13. Likes beans20 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    That forum is the prime example why I joined this one. I've been on several different forums for other different types of vehicle and they are the same as that one. As soon as you ask what to them is a simple question, they immediately call you an idiot and jab and laugh and then steal your thread to talk about other people who are idiots and so on and so forth however, I guess they were just born with the knowledge and know how to do anything and everything without asking questions. But this community is so much better as far as that goes, I know I ask a lot of simple questions (sometimes probably dumb) but no one bashes that and even though I know people hate to, people here will answer a question twice in the same thread. By far this is the best forum I've been apart of I appreciate what everyone does here, the level of knowledge and professionalism is second to none. That's why I'm considering doing the lifetime platinum membership (just have to convince the boss lady of the benefits). Thanks for what you guys do.
    I'll be the first to admit to being the town idiot. Oh well, that's why I ask questions and enjoy reading all the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, beans20, DRD liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fourteen View Post
    I'll be the first to admit to being the town idiot. Oh well, that's why I ask questions and enjoy reading all the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am also the town idiot when it comes to anything diesel this is my first one. I am also the moron who asks a question that has already been asked and answered. To be honest I don't even know I do it until after I post my question and then read back through the thread. Sorry guys I am slightly retarded. Not clinically proven but there are speculations. HAHA

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, fourteen liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS.COM View Post
    That price on Amsoil we gave you today would be a lot less. 

Thanks for the kind words. It does mean a lot to us here.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!
    I am trying to explain that to the boss lady but she doesn't understand that all she see is the dents in the account. She doesn't understand its for the greater good of all cummins owners as well as there engines. HAHA

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast