Thanks Thanks:  503
Likes Likes:  1,129
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why We Don't Do Business On The Cummins Forum!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Why We Don't Do Business On The Cummins Forum!

I'm a member of 7 different dodge forums and try to just sort threw the drama.

It's why I'm not on Facebook anymore.

And why the hell anyone wants a lope tune is beyond me?

I've never understood that one, sounds like trash, runs like trash and smokes like a freight train with no performance bringing a bad name to the rest of us, but the longer that comment is uncorrected the more people will believe it.

My 02cents

2. Likes Polaraco, DRD, Power247, Minion2012, K-Sons liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GLBWAMR View Post
    I'm a member of 7 different dodge forums and try to just sort threw the drama. It's why I'm not on Facebook anymore.. And why the hell anyone wants a lope tune is beyond me...? I've never understood that one, sounds like trash, runs like trash and smokes like a freight train with no performance bringing a bad name to the rest of us. But the longer that comment is uncorrected the more people will believe it... My 02cents
    I appreciate your input...

Personally I don't sport a lope tune myself.

I'm 41 years old and it just ain't my thing really.

Besides my wife hates it too...but some folks do like it.

That's why I offer it.

I guess it all goes to wanting to turn a head around somewhere.

Lope all goes back to the nostalgia of a mechanically injected pulling truck with a heavily worked pump.

Those are cool to hear lope as they idle and get wound up. I can see wanting to mimic that.

Getting back to what you said though, I can make a lope tune without the smoke...but it is a worthless tune for driving.

I do tell guys that BTW.

The whole point of my rant was that I hate it that someone that is ignorant and a member of that other place tries to say that's all I do.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Why We Don't Do Business On The Cummins Forum!

Ray provides outstanding service, and his tunes are great.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: Why We Don't Do Business On The Cummins Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Willy View Post
    Ray provides outstanding service, and his tunes are great.
    Just what we love to hear!

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

It's sad really.... some fool sees a couple videos on you tube or facebook with your name on them and all a sudden he thinks he knows you and what you are all about. Those of us that have met you know so much better. Maybe I should make a video of my truck making good clean power and shifting like it should've from the factory.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    It's sad really.... some fool sees a couple videos on you tube or facebook with your name on them and all a sudden he thinks he knows you and what you are all about. Those of us that have met you know so much better. Maybe I should make a video of my truck making good clean power and shifting like it should've from the factory.
    Post it on the dark side. LOL Then you'll be doomed for life

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Respectfully, I'm not a fan of either and any '03 and newer Cummins powered street truck that lopes and/or smokes is cringe worthy at best. With that being said there is nothing like hearing a healthy fuel lope on a full competition, mechanical injection puller or drag truck. These off-road, competition trucks are the only exception to the rule. Clean power is where it's at now on the street, and although you're not writing smoke tunes for "teenagers that would be public nuisance in an area not conducive for such tunes" I would argue that there is NO place conducive for a smoke tune. If you can make clean power why have a truck that smokes like a freight train and makes the owner look like an a$$?

Remember, it only takes one clown with a Double R Diesel sticker on their truck to smoke out the wrong person at an intersection and the EPA will be at your doorstep the next day. Writing such tunes could be shop suicide IMO. If a customer wants their truck to be a smoky turd, I'd just send them somewhere else, why risk it?

Just my opinion, best of luck to you sir.

12. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, K-Sons liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Been there and done that too with Cummins Forum.

Luke
    www.dieseldawgs.com
    lukesdiesel@yahoo.com

14. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Here's the thing that still bugs me...

I know for a fact that there are other tuners out there that take away the air/fuel algorithms out of the tune to give a better throttle response and turbo spool up. We all know this can lead to a nice black cloud of smoke. When these other shops name and proclaim they only write clean tunes, they are being hypocritical.

I don't want big brother breathing down my neck not does any other custom tuner, but the reality is that once a trucks calibration is taken away from OEM, it isn't exactly legal...smoke or no smoke.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Matt C Moore liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

That forum is the prime example why I joined this one. I've been on several different forums for other different types of vehicle and they are the same as that one. As soon as you ask what to them is a simple question, they immediately call you an idiot and jab and laugh and then steal your thread to talk about other people who are idiots and so on and so forth however, I guess they were just born with the knowledge and know how to do anything and everything without asking questions. But this community is so much better as far as that goes, I know I ask a lot of simple questions (sometimes probably dumb) but no one bashes that and even though I know people hate to, people here will answer a question twice in the same thread. By far this is the best forum I've been apart of I appreciate what everyone does here, the level of knowledge and professionalism is second to none. That's why I'm considering doing the lifetime platinum membership (just have to convince the boss lady of the benefits). Thanks for what you guys do.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, K-Sons thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, K-Sons liked this post
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast