Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Head Unit

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jerseycowboy View Post
    okay so i want all of the outputs to be 8 volts? ive been thinking of rewiring my truck to 24v, i wonder if there are higher voltage head units then. but wow 12 years thats really good, do they still sell them?
    Like I said in my first comment to this thread the decided to pay their ceo's lots of money instead of back into the business. To my knowledge there is no 24v deck out there. you would have to get an inline converter to drop the voltage or fond the right resister to put inline. Yes 8v would be the best, but also if your not going to be going to sound coms then might not be that big of a deal. You can spend tons of money on sound systems and really need to research everything you can. Getting info from all of us on here is just a start and to give you ideas. But you need to take the time reasearching. I have a 2008 ecsb with a $7000 system but I like my music and compete with it.

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

whatt? really? they do that? do i need an amp then to use the tweters? and would they just plug right into the head unit?
    The money you would spend on factory stuff you could spend on and aftermarket 5 channel amp and some good JL audio high and midrange speakers and it would far surpass any factory premium sound

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

so should i even bother getting the tweeters or speakers that can play into that range?

4. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

so should i even bother getting the tweeters or speakers that can play into that range?
    That is something that i can not answer for you. Its all what you want to get out of your system. If it was my truck, absolutlely. You can also get some good JL Audio factory replacement speakers and put a 4 channel amp and you will be blowen away by the difference. Go to a local audio shop i'm sure they have employee cars there that will have both setups so you can hear the difference

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

when i had my blue demon it was a 2007 quadcab

what i did was go on egay and buy this for my truck cause it was truck specific,,,i never did hack stuff lmfao

i bought a under thr rear seat sub box fit exactly the way it was supposed to...and the bought the kicker truck specific complete speaker system ,,,awesome install direct fit with oem plugs already installed so plug n play,came cpmplete with 2 10" subs and all door speakers amp and tweets. and i bought a kenwood indash doubledin dvd/gps by garmin with all the bells and whistles ....in total cost $ 2000 around there maybe a little less all depended on where the can/us dollar was at

worked for me and it sounded really good ....everybody has a budget

weather you buy on ebay,or at walmart,or canadian tire ,or at a high end stereo store.......

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

6. Top Of Page | #26
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Best Head Unit

I agree kenwood is great too.

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

7. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

yeah like stereos, ive been looking into pioneers. are the brands really that different? and like is there a big difference between say an $60 wal mart one and a $400 sony or something, they all look the same and play music
    You think like me.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

well its true some 60 dollar decks are better then the high end ones jmo

i have a kenwood cd single din unit right here works great ,,anybody want it 100 bux shipped

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123