Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Head Unit

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDemon View Post
    and come on guys dummy up,,if we're gonna have a pizzing match to has the bigger knards do it elswhere

now back to topic ....................................please

2. Likes DiggerDave liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

ive always thought kenwood made a decent product for any car or truck .... the nav is right on the money and the dvd is picture perfect ,,and not very exp

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

yeah like stereos, ive been looking into pioneers. are the brands really that different? and like is there a big difference between say an $60 wal mart one and a $400 sony or something, they all look the same and play music

5. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i have a 1998 12 ecsb too by the way. i want to get a nice sound system going.. where do you put the sub-woofer? i could put it in the dash idk. my friend has those little sspeakers in his gauge pillars that i want to hook up in my truck, my truck does not have them. sO I DONT KNOW IF I NEED EXTRA HOOK UP FOR THAT? AND WHAT IS ALL THAT VOLTAGE STUFF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT? AS FAR AS WAL MART, THEY DONT MAKE EVERYTHING THEY SELL SO WHY WOULD BUYING SOMETHING FROM THERE BE JUNK? I HAVE THEM WORK ON MY TRUCK A LOT AND THEY DO GOOD WORK BUT ANYWAYS ARE THERE TOUCH SCREEN HEAD UNITS THAT WILL FIT IN THAT SPACE?

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jerseycowboy View Post
    yeah like stereos, ive been looking into pioneers. are the brands really that different? and like is there a big difference between say an $60 wal mart one and a $400 sony or something, they all look the same and play music
    That is what I was talking about. you have inputs and outputs and the power of them, being a 2volt, 2.5 volt or an 8 volt preout. Think of it as sound quality going to your amps the higher the voltage the better the quality. Also with price you have to take in the quality of the parts put into them. I have an eclipse 7" indash DVD player that my cost was $1200, but I have had it 4 months shy of 12 years. All i'm trying to say is buy the good stuff now even if it takes you longer to come up with the money. Do research on different brands, talk to the people at your local audio shop.

Pioneer makes some good stuff, but most of the stuff that they make that is good is higher on the prices. Its like everything out there in the world today, you get what you pay for.

7. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jerseycowboy View Post
    i have a 1998 12 ecsb too by the way. i want to get a nice sound system going.. where do you put the sub-woofer? i could put it in the dash idk. my friend has those little sspeakers in his gauge pillars that i want to hook up in my truck, my truck does not have them. sO I DONT KNOW IF I NEED EXTRA HOOK UP FOR THAT? AND WHAT IS ALL THAT VOLTAGE STUFF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT? AS FAR AS WAL MART, THEY DONT MAKE EVERYTHING THEY SELL SO WHY WOULD BUYING SOMETHING FROM THERE BE JUNK? I HAVE THEM WORK ON MY TRUCK A LOT AND THEY DO GOOD WORK BUT ANYWAYS ARE THERE TOUCH SCREEN HEAD UNITS THAT WILL FIT IN THAT SPACE?
    Your buddies has a premium sound system in it which means it has a factory amp with infinity speakers. the one in his pillars are high range tweters. I'm just trying to give you info to research, if you want to buy at walmart no one is going to stop you. The shop I worked at also sold pioneer. The decks we sold that looked identical to the ones at walmart had different model and part numbers so we called our rep about it and he told us that the ones walmart sold were made of a lesser quality hence the reason for the price difference and different model and part numbers.

8. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

okay so i want all of the outputs to be 8 volts? ive been thinking of rewiring my truck to 24v, i wonder if there are higher voltage head units then. but wow 12 years thats really good, do they still sell them?

9. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Also I belive JL Audio makes a stealth box that comes with a subwoofer and amp all as one unit that fits under the back seat. Don't hold me to that though

10. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jt_cummins View Post
    Your buddies has a premium sound system in it which means it has a factory amp with infinity speakers. the one in his pillars are high range tweters. I'm just trying to give you info to research, if you want to buy at walmart no one is going to stop you. The shop I worked at also sold pioneer. The decks we sold that looked identical to the ones at walmart had different model and part numbers so we called our rep about it and he told us that the ones walmart sold were made of a lesser quality hence the reason for the price difference and different model and part numbers.
    whatt? really? they do that? do i need an amp then to use the tweters? and would they just plug right into the head unit?

11. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jt_cummins View Post
    Also I belive JL Audio makes a stealth box that comes with a subwoofer and amp all as one unit that fits under the back seat. Don't hold me to that though
    ohh a stealth box, that should get me some action

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast