Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I NEED SOME QUICK HELP

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Oh yeah. They're 250 dollar injectors from Industrial, new.

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ask Al about it sometime. The 6.7 injectors are more durable and last longer. I believe he told me the new 5.9 injectors from bosch are actually using 6.7 materials in the body now.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

That could be, but like I said earlier, the 5.9 are more forgiving. I am shying away from Bosch now. They are good injectors, but I am finding out about allot of inconsistancies on them.

Been talking to the shop the truck is going too to be fixed.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

You realize that Bosch injectors were originally designed for European fuels which have much higher standards then the crap North American fuel, if people would install a filter that's 3 microns or better filtering you won't have as many bloody problems, this entire system from Bosch wasn't made for the North American fuel, designed in Germany tested in Germany and then cummins brought it over and did some testing but didn't hold the testing to the high German standards,

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

That was one of the things I was told

As far as filtering is concerned, see my thread about "Do not use Air Dog". You'll see i was running 2 micron. BUT. . . Read it

You're on the ball though. Good input

6. Top Of Page | #16
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Read, replied, next on the chopping block

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I use an Air Dog on my 05' with no issues. My 05' has 145K on it and I turned it from a stock truck to a 2.6 truck back in March. Got screwed by SDX with nozzles and ended up sending my injectors up to Exergy to get some correct nozzles, balanced and what I asked for. My original 05' injectors were in great shape, no need for new bodies. Even with the use of an Air Dog.

I have had zero issues with the 05', but rather of had an 06' to be able to utilize the benefits of EFI-Live. I've owned my 05' since I drove it off the lot back in 05'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12