Thread: RaceME Ultra vs EFI Live

1. Top Of Page | #21
    New to the forum^ oops LOL

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OttShot722 View Post
    New to the forum^ oops LOL
    Glad you could join us. You'll find no other community like us.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks DRD, oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, oneshotkyle liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23
    Permanent Vacation Dale's Super Store's Avatar

User Info Menu

Very good thread @Double R Diesel LLC

6. Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Okay folks. At this point in time we need to bring this comparison up.

As some may know, RaceME has just integrated full transmission tuning for 68 RFE trucks into the standard software that comes with the Ultra. This trans tuning is generic but highly effective. It really takes care of the big sticking points associated with the stock 68RFE trans tuning. The big thing here it is 100% free. No extra charge for a transmission tuning!

Now EFI Live tuners have charged an extra $100-300 dollars up to this point to add 68RFE trans tuning into their tuning packages. But in defense, you cannot say it is generic trans tuning in all cases. Some shops really do offer some neat stuff in their EFI Live transmission tuning. Some trans builders, like Revmax, only allow a particular EFI Live tuner to tune trucks with their transmissions installed.

RaceME has certainly thrown down the hammer when added trans tuning for free. Some EFI Live shops do maintain a performance advantage with their tuning based on what they have mapped out on their own. The real tell tell is coming, though, in maybe a couple of weeks when RaceME has told me their custom tuning software is scheduled for release. This could potentially put the RaceME Ultra as the undisputed champion. Time will tell. Stay tuned!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Thanks TX NIGHT TRAIN, oneshotkyle thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Fair unbiased comparison in an efi vs raceme thread. Gotta love it.

10. Likes DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Free trans tuning just slammed it out of the park for raceme. I'm not saying efi bad, but cost effectiveness, and bang for the buck hands down goes to ultra. Some efi supporters and tuners are now gonna offer free unlocks apparently to help offset the cost. Maybe that will help for some, but for me, the down time is not free, and I could buy 2 bullydogs more than likely cheaper than the down time. So offering a free bench unlock is a great gesture, but just simply not free at all for many people.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

12. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle, DRD liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Subscribed

14. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Here's another little tidbit I found from efi live spokesperson themselves. Anyone with 2016 should read this, as some tuners are claiming they can efi tune 2016s. And I spose they can. But this from efi makes it sound a little scary.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

16. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post

Here's another little tidbit I found from efi live spokesperson themselves. Anyone with 2016 should read this, as some tuners are claiming they can efi tune 2016s. And I spose they can. But this from efi makes it sound a little scary.
    I've never done this myself but my understanding EFI Live tuners are using 2014 base files to flash a 2016 PCM with. Apparently a 2014 matches the 2016 the best but obviously it is not the exact match.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

18. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

well this tread just for one makes me glad I have a second gen truck and second that the other truck is a ford LOL

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast