Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  118
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra vs EFI Live

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Another thing I forgot to mention is the cvi adaptive learning has been said to be erased after a flash. With efi it's even been said that switching the csp4 switch the adaptive learning gets erased and one should drive very carefully with some city driving and soft shifts for 30 minutes. Nothing over 30% throttle. This is true with ultra also if you do the full ecm tune, but is not necessary when using OTF, as on the fly tuning is only written into RAM, and the adaptive learning is not lost.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Thanks Power247, DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Another thing I forgot to mention is the cvi adaptive learning has been said to be erased after a flash. With efi it's even been said that switching the csp4 switch the adaptive learning gets erased and one should drive very carefully with some city driving and soft shifts for 30 minutes. Nothing over 30% throttle. This is true with ultra also if you do the full ecm tune, but is not necessary when using OTF, as on the fly tuning is only written into RAM, and the adaptive learning is not lost.
    I was always told a quick way to re-teach the transmission was 3, 0-60 runs. First at 1/4 throttle, second at 1/2 and last at full throttle. I'm just now driving my first ever automatic diesel so never personally tested it.

Sent from a Well Head

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Could be I'm not sure. Revmax first released the info I just posted quite some time ago. They stated just one heavy throttle shift after a flash could destroy your trans. Well they only tested this with an efi tuned truck, so the efi reps got there feelings hurt by this thinking that Revmax did not test enuf and it became one of the typical cf threads. But it was great info as I personally don't mind some light and easy driving for 30 minutes, and I usually give it a couple days LOL. Buy more than anything since this a thread about pros and cons of the tuners, I just wanted to say that Franz has let us know the adaptive learning is not lost with otf tuning, and only need to relearn if doing a full ecm flash.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Thanks DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Very well could be different and being soft footed needed for the heavier built transmissions. Stronger clutches might grab harder than factory causing the difference. Either way. Good to know there's an option that doesn't erase trans learn every time you change strategy

Sent from a Well Head

8. Thanks DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP, DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Could be I'm not sure. Revmax first released the info I just posted quite some time ago. They stated just one heavy throttle shift after a flash could destroy your trans. Well they only tested this with an efi tuned truck, so the efi reps got there feelings hurt by this thinking that Revmax did not test enuf and it became one of the typical cf threads. But it was great info as I personally don't mind some light and easy driving for 30 minutes, and I usually give it a couple days LOL. Buy more than anything since this a thread about pros and cons of the tuners, I just wanted to say that Franz has let us know the adaptive learning is not lost with otf tuning, and only need to relearn if doing a full ecm flash.
    I'm actually waiting on the OTF tuning update for 10-12s and I'll be testing this theory on my 2012 myself.

I have EFI Live CSP5 tuning on my 2012 right now. The tuning does contain trans tuning. I can tell you for a fact that when I change the CSP5 switch to another tune, the transmission shifts do go flat for 30-50 miles...so the CVI values may be effected by switching tunes. The only way to know for sure would be to monitor the values with high level scan tool while switching tunes with CSP.

I'm very anxious to see how the 68RFE is effected by OTF tuning, especially when I can custom tune with the Ultra in the future.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Actually they were talking about a built 68 as well as a stock one. Just passing that along also.

12. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Just a little follow up on my previous comments...

I actually hooked up my scan tool to monitor clutch volume fill values as I changed EFI Live tunes with my CSP 5 switch. Clutch volume index values did not change merely switching tunes. Of course they will be reset with a full controller flash with any tuner, but it is incorrect to say these values change when changing CSP EFI Live tunes on the fly. What DOES happen is that engine torque calculations,etc... can change and causes the PCM to temporarily rethink trans parameters and adaptive learning takes over again. Its like the transmission has to get used to another driving habit again when changing CSP tunes.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

14. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

So do you think the otf with ultra does the same? Cuz franz has said an adaptive relearn is not necessary using otf. I'm sure you can test that theory with ultra shortly

16. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

So do you think the otf with ultra does the same? Cuz franz has said an adaptive relearn is not necessary using otf. I'm sure you can test that theory with ultra shortly
    Honestly don't know. I'll test it for sure. I do know Ultra is using a different communication protocol to change tunes OTF vs EFI Live CSP (the unlock cable being used by the Ultra to change tunes). It's all very interesting and will be neat to see first hand how it will work with the things coming from RaceME in the near future.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

18. Thanks RATLIN'HP, Power247, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20
    New the forum, and couldn't be happier to have joined. I've been looking on multiple forums for and honest comparison between the ultra and efi w/o all the product bashing and have finally found one. I have to commend all of you and it makes me proud to be part of such a great community. Thank you for all the helpful information, it will make my decision much easier now.

20. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast