Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CEL P02E7

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

CEL P02E7

I had this code pop up on my 13 cummins does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of it? It is fully stock there is no programmer on it. I have tried deleting the code once it just keeps popping up.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Maybe it's because there is a problem with the intake sensor

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes Noneck liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    I had this code pop up on my 13 cummins does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of it? It is fully stock there is no programmer on it. I have tried deleting the code once it just keeps popping up.
    Good chance its the EGR Valve clogging on the intake. A stock 2013 undeleted with some miles on it will likely be building up some soot on the intake components by now and effecting air flow readings. A delete programmer will make your problems go away forever... Just saying 👍

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, WyomingHunter, Clutch liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If it's still under warranty I recommend taking it in and having the dealer clean your EGR valve. And while you in the waiting room get on www.doublerdiesel.com and order up a "diet plan" from Ray. Or at least price it out and start saving. You've started having emissions related issues which means you're going to be fighting with them on a regular basis more likely than not. Next will be EGR cooler plugging up and turbo veins sticking.

Sent from a Well Head

7. Likes cwendel liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Maybe it's because there is a problem with the intake sensor
    I don't think I would've figured that out without you. Do you work at a shop? Cause you know exactly what your talking about.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    Good chance its the EGR Valve clogging on the intake. A stock 2013 undeleted with some miles on it will likely be building up some soot on the intake components by now and effecting air flow readings. A delete programmer will make your problems go away forever... Just saying 

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com
    Thanks Ray,

I've already been in contact with doubler. I am just waiting then boss lady to authorize this programmer deal. She don't understand.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    I don't think I would've figured that out without you. Do you work at a shop? Cause you know exactly what your talking about.
    Nope Sarcastic and in a very grumpy mood

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Likes Noneck liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Nope Sarcastic and in a very grumpy mood
    Haha I know it was sarcasm. I thought it was hilarious.

13. Likes Noneck liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: CEL P02E7

was it the egr valve? getting the same error code?

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Re: CEL P02E7

That code indicates a problem with the Intake Air Valve(the "throttle body"). The code sets when there is more than a 8% difference between commanded and actual posistion for a 15 second test period, and the ECM detects this for more than 4 key cycles. Remove the intercooler tube boot at the valve, start the truck and let it run for a few minutes, have someone shut the truck off while you watch the position of the valve(use a mirror) and it should close completely when the engine is shut off. More than likely it will only move a little bit which means that you need a new Intake Air Valve which are around $560 list price at the dealer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast