Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 v fuel air leak?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

OK I haven't worked on one of those is several years. But honestly, you should always seal threads

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Threads *were* sealed...it was where the flared end and the bolt meet- I think that is being missed, hahah.

3. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

So it is the flare that is messed up? that's messed up. I never had that problem on any flare. Unless it was damaged somehow, which warrants a replacement. I was envisioning you wrapping the flare nut threads which is usually useless. I'd have to see it to remember

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's a missing flat "square cut" washer that would slip between/inside the flared end and bolt.

As an update - we drove nearly 1000 miles and it has been almost a month and we didn't have any weird starting issues since I wrapped the fitting.

Until today. What the hell.

The temps did drop down to 28° last night so who knows - I re-wrapped the same fitting with new tape (old still looked good, and that stuff is rated for all kinds of highs & lows) so we'll see what happens in a few days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12